real estate and banks outside DR

lrh2100

Feb 16, 2005
my question is: does any bank or lending institution outside dr lend money to purchase real estate in dom. rep. thanks

lrh2100

Feb 16, 2005
realestate and banks outside DR

hi escott, do you mean that you know other who had tried to get loans outside dr, if so, who?.....thank

Escott said:
Not from everything I have read here. I have not tried but know many who have.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
lrh2100 said:
my question is: does any bank or lending institution outside dr lend money to purchase real estate in dom. rep. thanks

As long as the property is not used to service the loan or as collateral for it, why not?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
I think it depends on your financial situation. My bank had no problem lending me the money knowing full well what I was doing with it. We did it up as an unsecured line of credit. It can be done...get in tight with your banker first...tom

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
lrh2100 said:

If you are American, please send me an e-mail or PM me.
Thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
twhitehead said:
I think it depends on your financial situation. My bank had no problem lending me the money knowing full well what I was doing with it. We did it up as an unsecured line of credit. It can be done...get in tight with your banker first...tom
He isn't talking about an unsecured line of credit which you can use for anything you want. He is talking about a mortgage loan on a piece of real estate in the DR.

If he had the wherewithall to begin with he probably wouldnt be asking the question.

I have several lines of credit in the states with a few different banks and seriously thought about using that and investing in the DR. That felt too close to buying stocks on margin so I didn't.

Escott

lrh2100

Feb 16, 2005
mortgage loan from banks outside DR

hi escott, you are right, i am asking about mortgage loan, to purchase R.E.
in DR. do you have any more info. thanks

Last edited: