Vaccinations?

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I am taking the family to DR in late summer. I was just wondering where I can find a list of recommended vaccinations for my kids ages 9 months to 8 yearts (at trip tiem). Does the CDC maintain an on-line list by region? Or is there a better place to get this.
Last time we were there, my son, who was 18 months at the time, was eating esquimalitos from a street vendor and the dirt where the chickens were walking around. He never got sick. But I want to be safe with them.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
stewart said:
I am taking the family to DR in late summer. I was just wondering where I can find a list of recommended vaccinations for my kids ages 9 months to 8 yearts (at trip tiem). Does the CDC maintain an on-line list by region? Or is there a better place to get this.
Last time we were there, my son, who was 18 months at the time, was eating esquimalitos from a street vendor and the dirt where the chickens were walking around. He never got sick. But I want to be safe with them.

CDC does in fact list suggested vaccinations and you should easily find that info at their web site as they have extensive traveller's information by country.

Other than childhood mandatory ones ensure poilio is current which is likely and at least Hepatitis A as well which is transmitted in food due to poor hygiene practices, a fairly common risk.

If you are concerned with e. Coli and traveller's diarrhea, there is an oral anti-cholera/anti-e.coli vaccine called Dukoral.