AirTransat vs Royal

S

Sue

Hi For all Canadian readers who have flown with either of the above 2 I would appreciated information re: pros and cons. Thanks - Sue

M

Martine

I can't give you any facts, but I can give you an opinion. I prefer Air Transat to Royal any day. I find the service is better and the planes are in better condition (mechanically speaking). Transat's planes are newer than Royal's, usually. Transat's planes being newer I find the seats are a bit more comfortable. Since both are charters though, you don't get much room unless you go to the "first class" section (Transat).

J

Jodi

I've had nothing but problems any time I've used Royal....mainly due to mechanical problems. The worst was being almost half way to Santo Domingo (after an 8 hour mechanical delay getting off the ground) when the cabin lost pressure. Nothing like diving 23,000 feet with the smell of smoke in the cabin to get your blood pumping!

Air Transat's okay, but I prefer Canada 3000.

T

Tania

I agree with Martine. I've travelled many times with both airlines, and have always had better service with Air Transat. Everytime I fly with Royal, somthing goes wrong (delays, mechanical problems,cranky flight attendants etc.) . I'm sure that you'll get different opinions though, I know plenty of people who'll say that they won't fly with Air Transat.

L

Lynda

I always fly Air transat now because every time I flew Royal something bizarre always happened. i once sat outside the gate for 4 hours while they repaired an engine. We finally left when we should have been arriving in Jamaica. I have had bad experiences with trips to Grand Camen and Dom Rep on Royal too.

G

Gary & Gail

Oh I love this question? We prefer Canada 3000 first, Air T second and Royal Third, however since we always book All Inclusive to the DR, we normally do not get the choice. however we have had good service with all three and we have had poor service with all three. We do not feel this is just because of them being a Charter because we also have had good and bad service with AA, Delta, Air Canada and Canadian. Such is life. My only reccommendation is if you get poor service write the company as many times as required to get some satisfaction, whether that be a precentage off your next trip or whatever. Oh yes the opposite is true, if you get good service write them also and include the flight and crew if you can. I know the good letters filter down to the crew and if in the future you get poor service, then you don't feel like you are always complaining. One of our pet peeves are people that complain about the the resort and when you read the write up it wasn't the resort, but the trip to or from the resort.

Gary and Gail