back from Boca Chica!

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
I just returned from a fabulous vacation from Boca Chica! the weather was great, and it was all sun and fun for my daughter and I. We stayed at the Hamaca, which I would not recommened. we arrive on monday at 4am, to find a huge line at the reception area(all the people who came in on the jet blue late nite flight from NYC) and the hamaca over booked the hotel and no one got their rooms!!! so they start telling us they are going to send everyone by taxis to other places.at this point its like 5am and I call Badpiece(sorry I called you at that crazy hour Badpiece!) because he recommened me to go somewhere else from the start) but I couldnt get in toch with him.So off they send up over to the Don Emilio up on the street. there are 2 parts to ththis hotel, the Don Emilio Boutique Hotel, right on the beach(which is nice, I would stay there If I was to go back) and the Don Emilio on the street, where we ended up in a tiny room, one bed, the lights didnt work(but at 6am it didnt matter because we just needed to sleep) I had to pay 50 US for this piece of crap room, and the Hamaca didnt cover anything but a free cab ride that took 3 minutes! we sleep for 2 hours, then they gave us free breakfast up a the beach hotel, and a wristband to use the beach. we ended up meeting so many wonderful people, my daughter just wanted to hang out there! Later that day, we went back to check in at Hamaca, the place is huge, we had a room in the garden section, rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. so we stayed there bsaicall to eat breakfast, we would then leave there and walk the beach back to the Don Juan resort and the Don Emilio Boutique hotel (they are right next to each other) this is were we hung out with all the friends we made.I was able to walk right into the Don Juan resort and drink all day from there, no one stopped me with the wristband situation! my daughter went into the pool there, she even ate at the buffet for lunch there. I felt like I was staying at 3 different places. On the last day of check out, I left Hamaca and payed 70 US for a room at the Don Emilio boutique hotel for the day, and we left at 1:30 am. we had such a great time, we didnt want to leave!
oh- left out that we went to Santo Domingo, I want my daughter to see the Christopher Columbus monuments and sights, which she also enjoyed!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
la flor said:
I just returned from a fabulous vacation from Boca Chica! the weather was great, and it was all sun and fun for my daughter and I. We stayed at the Hamaca, which I would not recommened. we arrive on monday at 4am, to find a huge line at the reception area(all the people who came in on the jet blue late nite flight from NYC) and the hamaca over booked the hotel and no one got their rooms!!! so they start telling us they are going to send everyone by taxis to other places.at this point its like 5am and I call Badpiece(sorry I called you at that crazy hour Badpiece!) because he recommened me to go somewhere else from the start) but I couldnt get in toch with him.So off they send up over to the Don Emilio up on the street. there are 2 parts to ththis hotel, the Don Emilio Boutique Hotel, right on the beach(which is nice, I would stay there If I was to go back) and the Don Emilio on the street, where we ended up in a tiny room, one bed, the lights didnt work(but at 6am it didnt matter because we just needed to sleep) I had to pay 50 US for this piece of crap room, and the Hamaca didnt cover anything but a free cab ride that took 3 minutes! we sleep for 2 hours, then they gave us free breakfast up a the beach hotel, and a wristband to use the beach. we ended up meeting so many wonderful people, my daughter just wanted to hang out there! Later that day, we went back to check in at Hamaca, the place is huge, we had a room in the garden section, rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. so we stayed there bsaicall to eat breakfast, we would then leave there and walk the beach back to the Don Juan resort and the Don Emilio Boutique hotel (they are right next to each other) this is were we hung out with all the friends we made.I was able to walk right into the Don Juan resort and drink all day from there, no one stopped me with the wristband situation! my daughter went into the pool there, she even ate at the buffet for lunch there. I felt like I was staying at 3 different places. On the last day of check out, I left Hamaca and payed 70 US for a room at the Don Emilio boutique hotel for the day, and we left at 1:30 am. we had such a great time, we didnt want to leave!
oh- left out that we went to Santo Domingo, I want my daughter to see the Christopher Columbus monuments and sights, which she also enjoyed!
I'm glad you and your daughter had a great time in spite of the mishap.

The Hamaca is now art of the Hilton chain. You might get some recourse by calling or writing to someone in the US. Especially if you had a reservation and left a credit card to hold the room because of your late arrival.