Raw amber Necklaces

Atria

Mar 9, 2005
Hello,
I am private person from Poland and I would like to start small trade with
raw amber necklaces. But as a young girl (I am studying) I have now idea how to start.
Does anybody know trade-place where could I sell it?
I would be grateful for any kind of help and bits of information.
Thanks in advance!
Atria

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
Hi,

I am not exactly sure what it is you are asking, but it seems that you are trying to market "raw amber necklaces". It is likely that you have made some necklaces of "Baltic Amber", due to your location in central/eastern Europe. While many manufacturers produce inexpensive jewelry and art items from Baltic Amber, it is considered inferior to Dominican Amber. Also, while products of Amber are popular here the major reason is that it is a domestic specialty resource, which is unavailable is this quality and variety anywhere else in the world. This makes it especially appealing to tourists and visitors. I am sure that "Baltic Amber" imported into the DR Will not be held in the same regard. Also,the costs of importing into the Dominican Republic will certainly make them more expensive than our local high quailty Amber. I am also sure that any large quantity shipment will likely be restricted. This trying to sell "Baltic Amber" wholesale, to artisans and retailers in the DR is akin to trying to sell inferior quality Diamonds to the DeBeers family or Diamond Miners in South Africa.

The World Market for Amber is substantial, but this is not the market for you to sell your product. It is unlikely that you will be able to open a trade Route ("trade-place") with merchants in the DR, though you may sell a few as objects of curiousity or for comparison.

If I am off target and you would like some sales tips or general marketing ideas, feel free to PM me.

Rich

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Ruffino1974, I have to agree with you. Since I made the website for the amber museum here in Puerto Plata, I also learned alot about amber... Wow... it is a whole sience.. Actually a big part of what the Amber Museum does, is sience, exchanges in knowledge with other museums, instances of research around the world.
Dominican Amber is considered world wide to be very clear, in the work of sience some truly great pieces have been found on this island.
It is also not very expensive here, and there are quite a few mines, also many good companies working to form the amber to designs for us to wear..
To sell other amber here, such as Baltic amber, would be selling ice to someone living in an igloo..
I dont think it is possible.