prices of American Airlines

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
I am looking to travel July 24 from JFK to SDQ- American airlines price is $358.55 . Does anyone know if this will drop in price because it is still months away-or should I book this immediatly?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
la flor said:
I am looking to travel July 24 from JFK to SDQ- American airlines price is $358.55 . Does anyone know if this will drop in price because it is still months away-or should I book this immediatly?

Let me get my crystal ball for you. How on earth can anyone answer this question? If you think $358 is good, buy it or take your chances, like the weather. Sounds reasonable though. And summer has high demand, so if you think a high demand period with less advance booking time = better odds for a cheap fare (not usually) then hedge your bets now.

Since you live in Jersey why not fly on CO to SDQ - they have non stop service and the price is about equal.

Last edited:

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Let me get my crystal ball for you. How on earth can anyone answer this question? If you think $358 is good, buy it or take your chances, like the weather. Sounds reasonable though. And summer has high demand, so if you think a high demand period with less advance booking time = better odds for a cheap fare (not usually) then hedge your bets now.

Since you live in Jersey why not fly on CO to SDQ - they have non stop service and the price is about equal.
I ask this because Jet Blue flucuates all the time with there prices, and I never fly on AA, so I ask if anyone knows about this with AA. Continental is about 450.00.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
la flor said:

Thats a great price. If it drops they give you back the difference.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Jimmydr said:

Well on domestic, in which they tend to include Caribbean and Central America they do rollovers/credits after the $100 change fee which usually screws that deal totally since I doubt it will go to $257 - the rollover policy just changed. If CO is $450 and AA is $358 buy the AA now and be happy.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hey I thought I was the only one with a crystal ball :surprised

La flor, I keep an eye on flights leaving Toronto. They change all the time. No one can predict what prices will do. Supply and demand.

If the date isn't important then wait around to see if the fares drop.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
ricktoronto said:
Well on domestic, in which they tend to include Caribbean and Central America they do rollovers/credits after the $100 change fee which usually screws that deal totally since I doubt it will go to $257 - the rollover policy just changed. If CO is $450 and AA is $358 buy the AA now and be happy.

I usually buy all 6 of my tockets by May 1 every year. I call every 2 weeks and usually end up with about $150 in vouchers. They never deduct any fees.

Jun 5, 2004
Have to play with dates

Well i found a fare of 308.55 with aa to STI u really have to play with the dates my friend bought a ticket for 298.55 for the summer not so long ago.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Jimmydr said:
I think that's only true if the price for the fare class (A,Y,Q,I, etc.) that was purchased changes. These days I think what they do if they want to sell cheap seats to fill the plane is to add more inventory of the cheaper fare basis rather than lower the price.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
rellosk said:
I think that's only true if the price for the fare class (A,Y,Q,I, etc.) that was purchased changes. These days I think what they do if they want to sell cheap seats to fill the plane is to add more inventory of the cheaper fare basis rather than lower the price.

If the lowest fare is $350 today then next mont it becomes $300, then they give you a refund.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Jimmydr said:
I usually buy all 6 of my tockets by May 1 every year. I call every 2 weeks and usually end up with about $150 in vouchers. They never deduct any fees.

Try it now.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Well i found a fare of 308.55 with aa to STI u really have to play with the dates my friend bought a ticket for 298.55 for the summer not so long ago.

How much is your time worth to bother looking for then asking for a refund/difference of ten bucks?

Jun 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
How much is your time worth to bother looking for then asking for a refund/difference of ten bucks?

I dont know how you get money but i work for it and whatever i get off is good. Even if the taxes come from .90 to .55

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
apdomini100max said:
I dont know how you get money but i work for it and whatever i get off is good. Even if the taxes come from .90 to .55

Well I think it seems to be a pointless exercise other than to prove you could. I work for it too but would not spend an hour on the phone plus time looking for ten bucks.

Jun 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Well I think it seems to be a pointless exercise other than to prove you could. I work for it too but would not spend an hour on the phone plus time looking for ten bucks.

Every mind is a world people think differently and thats how the world goes. If everyone though the same way there will be no point will there?