Casa Valeria, Sosua

magnus

Mar 23, 2005
Rocky, do you see a lot of advertisment on the page?

I ask because when i switched computer there was some ads to the right and also up-right.

If this is the case i will change to another server.

thanks
/Magnus

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
magnus said:
Rocky, do you see a lot of advertisment on the page?

I ask because when i switched computer there was some ads to the right and also up-right.

If this is the case i will change to another server.

thanks
/Magnus
All the pop ups were blocked by the Windows XP service pack 2 pop up blocker, so, no, I did not get any ads.
Those who run other programs or do not have the service pack 2 will have pop ups.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
irritant pop-ups

Hey, the advertising is really irritant, especially in a language (swedish) which noone can understand. What's the point of having a website in english and all ads in a different language?
By the way, very nice people Mayela and Paul and a good place to stay, quiet and yet in the center of El Batey.
Bartolomeo

oh I have Windows WP service pack 2 as well but I do get the pop-ups.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Bartolomeo67 said:
oh I have Windows WP service pack 2 as well but I do get the pop-ups.
I tried it again today, and the pop ups are still blocked. Perhaps your settings are such that they allow them in.

magnus

Mar 23, 2005
Thanks Rocky for your reply! after your answer i understood what the problem was...
I made the homepage on my laptop where i have it mostly updated with pop-up blocker etc.
And when i checked on a older PC i suddenly saw lot's of ad's...

But i moved it all to my own server so now i hope there is no more swedish ad's... ;)

So there's your answer Bartolomeo....

A tips for everybody that have problems with pop-ups...get the google toolbar...it works 100%

Btw, thanks for the almost KFC-chicken Rocky... ;)

Please say hi to Dan :beard:

And after some mail-conversation with Mayela...there is another Casa valeria... :)
In Costa Rica...her family...so more work to do... :glasses:

arien

Jun 21, 2007
##### don't use mentioned websites ######
it is from a real amateur, and very old.
nothing in it is instructed by casa valeria,
text, pictures, prices are all wrong.

PLEASE ONLY USE :

Hotel Restaurant Casa Valeria, Sosua

or call us : 001 - 809 571 3565

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
##### don't use mentioned websites ######
it is from a real amateur, and very old.
nothing in it is instructed by casa valeria,
text, pictures, prices are all wrong.

PLEASE ONLY USE :

www.hotelcasavaleria.com

or call us : 001 - 809 571 3565

Your language settings don't work, perhaps this was set up by an amateur?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I just phoned Arien, and he's on his way over, as we speak, to deal with it.
Hopefully, it's a minor project and will be fixed shortly.
Pursuant to speaking with Arien, I am informed that the site is still under construction and is only available in Dutch, and as you can see, it is their intent to have it in multiple languages within a month or so.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
After corresponding with Arien I was told that the German site is basically ready to go and English and Spanish will follow shortly. Some pictures have to be changed to reflect renovations (bar converted into a bar/restaurant, kitchens updated in the apartments and a/c being added to all rooms). As Rocky mentioned in a month or so all will be well.

Gregg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
After corresponding with Arien I was told that the German site is basically ready to go and English and Spanish will follow shortly. Some pictures have to be changed to reflect renovations (bar converted into a bar/restaurant, kitchens updated in the apartments and a/c being added to all rooms). As Rocky mentioned in a month or so all will be well.

Gregg

That will be nice when the renovations are finished. The location is ideal. This will be a good replacement for Casa Cayena because Casa Cayena is not what it used to be.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I should be a bit more specific...

"in a month or so all will be well"... with the website. I don't want to give an impression on the time line for the renos as I don't know.

Gregg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I should be a bit more specific...

"in a month or so all will be well"... with the website. I don't want to give an impression on the time line for the renos as I don't know.

Gregg
The renovations he is doing are minor, as best as I know.
That place was already fully renovated, but the new owners are just making a few improvements.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
That place was already fully renovated, but the new owners are just making a few improvements.
Yes . . . otherwise it might begin to sound as if Paul and Mayela had not been doing a good job --- which they were, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to visiting Casa V. again and hope it will have the same easy-going and well looked after aura.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes . . . otherwise it might begin to sound as if Paul and Mayela had not been doing a good job --- which they were, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to visiting Casa V. again and hope it will have the same easy-going and well looked after aura.

It does.
The new owners are nice & easy going, and the ambience feels exactly the same.