affidavit of support

MichelleR

Apr 5, 2005
Hi everyone I am new here and had a question. When filing for your fiance you also have to file an affidavit of support which proves that you meet the poverty guidelines. My problem is that you need three years W-2 forms to prove that you meet the guidelines. I don't have W-2 forms for the last three years because in 2001 I moved to the dominican republic I came back in 2003 to have my son here and I just recently started working again so I won't have a W-2 until the end of this year. If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
i believe if you don't meet the poverty requirements what u do is get a "sponser" and you file their W-2 and income etc...this should be in your information packet or say on the application.

jskr1us

Apr 29, 2003
Tax Returns also meet requirements.

Tax returns and other doccumentation of ability to meet the guidelines can be used. Just review the instructions and pay attention to the or's.
MichelleR said:
Hi everyone I am new here and had a question. When filing for your fiance you also have to file an affidavit of support which proves that you meet the poverty guidelines. My problem is that you need three years W-2 forms to prove that you meet the guidelines. I don't have W-2 forms for the last three years because in 2001 I moved to the dominican republic I came back in 2003 to have my son here and I just recently started working again so I won't have a W-2 until the end of this year. If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
If you meet the poverty guideline you should write a statement saying why you did not file taxes, if you don't you'll need a co-sponsor (see affidavit instructions it explains it in detail).

EGB

MichelleR said: