Banking

wim

Jan 10, 2002
yes, go to the bank with your pasport and you can open a account . If you want your account in US Dollars or Euro you need put a small ammount on this account . I believe it is 300 Euro or 300 US Dollars .

With Banco popular you can do on internet banking also .

Greetings , Wim .

commie

Apr 6, 2005
Perfect. I presume there's no problem bringing a cheque??? apart from the time it will take to clear.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
wim said:
yes, go to the bank with your pasport and you can open a account . If you want your account in US Dollars or Euro you need put a small ammount on this account . I believe it is 300 Euro or 300 US Dollars .

With Banco popular you can do on internet banking also .

Greetings , Wim .
With Banco Popular just to sign on my condos accounts I needed letters of recommendations from other financial institutions.

Escott

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.......FORGET Banco Popular

.........you'll find Banco Mercantil and Reserva much easier to deal with.......AND THEY ALSO HAVE INTERNET BANKING NOW. Many foreigners in my area are leaving BPD for the others.....they aren't worth the trouble.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
accounts

We recently opened 3 different accounts at Reserva. A letter of introduction from my bank at home was helpful, but not sure if it was needed. It :cross-eye was an easy transaction, but took some time. It has been a long time since I have seen forms filled out on an IBM selectric typewriter. Didn't think that there were any more of those left in the world. Thought they were extinct.

Bob K

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
letter

Get the letter from a bank that you have a long good history with. Also have the letter signed by an officer of that bank (VP. Pres. etc). Just seemed to make the transaction easier.

Bob K

commie

Apr 6, 2005
long history..... humm..... money goes in i take it out thats the exstent i deal with banks..... i hate them money grapping morons.....

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You're off to a good

commie said:
long history..... humm..... money goes in i take it out thats the exstent i deal with banks..... i hate them money grapping morons.....

start. LOL Hope the banks don't feel the same about you. :>

JOHN

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Bob K said:
It has been a long time since I have seen forms filled out on an IBM selectric typewriter. Didn't think that there were any more of those left in the world. Thought they were extinct.

Bob K
Nah. In the DR they're still considered cutting edge tech! :cheeky:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
"cutting edge"

Keith R said:
Nah. In the DR they're still considered cutting edge tech! :cheeky:

We actually found an old electric typewriter in the storage area in the cellar and we are bringing it with us. Seems that there will be forms to fill out from time to time that are not computer literate.

Bob

RevenueCanada

Apr 13, 2005
Bob K said:
We actually found an old electric typewriter in the storage area in the cellar and we are bringing it with us. Seems that there will be forms to fill out from time to time that are not computer literate.

Bob

Hey! Are you saying there's a market for type writers in the D.R.? :)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
market

Not sure if there is a market or not, however where other in the DR would one find an old typewriter. I thought we had the only one left in the US.

Bob K