New Airport by Nagua/New golf course

canuckbuck

Apr 9, 2005
Does anybody out there know when the new airport by Nagua will open?
how far is it from Nagua?
Has anyone seen it?
Is there a good road from Nagua to the airport?

I heard rumors of three new golf courses being built :1 near existing Playa Grande course and 2 more near Nagua.
Any news on above?
cheers
canuckbuck

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
"By Nagua"?

There is one in the works West of Samana, and it's probably no more than a 30 minute drive from Nagua. I can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to build 2 that close together; but then again....................... It is our beloved DR!

canuckbuck

Apr 9, 2005
airport at nagua

Tonvanderheijde said:
There is a new airport coming at El Catey, couple of kilometers from Nagua. It will be an international airport.

A new golf is coming inLas Terrenas, at Samana. It is almost ready. At
http://www.altijdzon.nl/html/luchtfotos.html you can see some recent pictures taken from the air. The pics are taken dec 2004.

greets
tony

Thanks for the pictures.
Cheers
canuckbuck

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I went to look at the golf course being built in Las Terrenas yesterday. The supervising engineer took us around in his pick up truck and gave us the grand tour.

The golf course is still far from being finished, it will be at least a year and a half to two years before it is completed.

They are also selling land around the golf course and they will build beautiful homes and town houses; however, the prices are astronomical. Out of my budget for sure.

But it seems like a great plan and a well orchestraded operation.

Juniper