CHARTER AIR FROM NORTHEAST U.S. TO PUERTO PLATA???

C

Carlton Mack

I am planning to travel to the D.R. in late Feb/early Mar 2000 and am looking for alternatives to scheduled air. Are there charter flights from the northeast coast of the U.S. (anywhere between NYC area and DC) and Puerto Plata. I know that there are charter flights to Punta Cana but how about Puerto Plata. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

C

Canadian Bob

Re: CHARTER AIR FROM NORTHEAST U.S. TO PUERTO PLAT

Hi! perhaps you could fly from Toronto Canada, there are lots of cheap Charters,& you will pay in $Canadian. We routinely fly air only to Puerto Plata for $300.00. 3hours direct. Canadian Bob.

A

Andy

Carlton,

CHECK this out. I stumbled on it this morning (see the earlier posting from Ray Modesto titled "$264.40 Tax Included on TWA", Sept 9, DR1. Or e-mail Ray direct at rmodesto@aol.com He's with Dix Hills Travel. Best fare I've seen from NYC/JFK to Santo Domingo/Puerto Plata. Regards, Andy

J

jerry

Bob

I leave outside Niagara Falls NY and would be interested in flying out of Toronto. Do you have any names of charters. I need to go to Santo Domingo so Punta Cana is probably closer. JFK or Montreal are both about 8 hours from me by car so it is like $300 US or $200 (CAN)but would much rather fly from Toronto if the price was right.

Jerry

C

Canadian Bob

Jerry, Air Transat, Royal Air, Regent Tours, Canadian Holidays, Adventure Tours all fly Toronto-PPlata. We often book through CAA (a Canadian car insurance & tour company) If you are only going to be in RD for a few weeks & stay at a Toronto Airport Hotel (like Comfort Inn) you can leave your car there free. All hotels on the airport strip have shuttle buses to the airport. Good luck! Canadian Bob.