Wedding Paperwork

J

Jimmy

Hi We're getting married in Puerto Plata at the Gran Ventana and we're looking on information about getting our paperwork in order. We are Canadians. Thanks

D

DR One

Marriage paperwork:

I. Marriage license requirements: Passport Original birth certificate Single status affidavit in Spanish Divorce Act in Spanish (Legal transcripts of the single status affidavit and divorce act can be prepared at the Dominican consulate nearest your residence.) You will also need two witnesses. If these are foreigners, they will need to identify themselves with their passports. If they are Dominicans, "c?dulas" are sufficient.

II. After the marriage: The justice of peace may deliver the actual wedding certificate the next day, depending on work load. This document is a valid legal document.

B

Bob

hi Jimmy. i got married in the DR. you can get a notary public to do up your " i am single documentation. you need to have it translated into spanish. you need your passports and perferably your birth certificates. you can have everything translated and stamped at the Canadian Consulate in Puerta Plata or you can do it in canada. i found it cheaper in Canada because in the DR they will charge you in American dollars. The Grand Ventana is a fine Hotel to get married at . I was there in August and they had several weddings there. Let me know how things work out. P.S got to go to Samana if you have the time and money. cheers bob

'