Prostitution in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
If prostitution is legal, why is pimping illegal?

Aside from forcing a young woman or a woman at any age into it, the pimp is the one that protects her from getting robbed or beat up.

Any thoughts?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
According to what I have read, a second party is not supposed to benefit financially from the monetary transaction when there is "love" for sale. So a salon or massage parlor cannot per se profit from a woman selling her body. THAT is illegal. I know WAY too much about this topic.

Last edited:

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
Berzin said:
According to what I have read, a second party is not supposed to benefit financially from the monetary transaction when there is "love" for sale. So a salon or massage parlor cannot per se pfofit from a woman selling her body. THAT is illegal.

Is the person that purchased the "love" liable if a second party benefits from the sale?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
theCeo said:
If prostitution is legal, why is pimping illegal?

Aside from forcing a young woman or a woman at any age into it, the pimp is the one that protects her from getting robbed or beat up.

Any thoughts?

After forcing her into it and keeping 90% of the money she makes. This question other than to be argumentative is pretty boneheaded if you can't distinguish between the profession and that of pimps . It is the same in Canada -the act is legal, living off the avails or procuring (or street solicitation) is illegal.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I think the poster answered his own question.

"Aside from forcing a young woman or a woman at any age into it"
TEHAMA

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
The government needs to be out of the sex business

Pimping is a time honored profession. These guys provide a useful service which brings buyers and sellers together. Also, they protect the interest of the more vulnerable (seller) in these transactions. Pimps should organize and unite.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yada, yada, yada. We have flogged this topic to death.
Read the other recent threads on this subject for an answer.

Moved and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.