I need a quick answer

theoldmillwright

the oldmillwright
Mar 6, 2004
canada
What happens if you miss a connecting flight,reason is we will have 1 hour 55 min between landing in Toronto and the time our next flight takes off,and To airport is a pain to begin with not to mention changeing terminals and you still got to go through security.....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If your luggage is booked through, you shouldn't have any problem. If you are on a scheduled flight as apposed to a charter, and you miss due to airlines fault, they will rebook you on next flt if possible, or put you up in a hotel until you can get on a flt. This has been my experience with several airlines. Other peoples experiences?

theoldmillwright

the oldmillwright
Mar 6, 2004
canada
Thanks for the info,we have to pick up the luggage as we are changing terminals,oh well i think i'll still book it as it is a good deal and what happens,happens,thanks again Bob....

clara

Jan 6, 2005
I think the key detail is whether it is the airline's fault.

For example, we were flying American and had a connection in Miami. Immigration was packed and we had to wait about 1.5 hours to get through. When we got through customs and went to re-check our bags, we were told that we were too late to re-check our bags for our connecting flight. American got us on the next available flight, which was the following morning, and because they said it was the fault of Immigration and not the airline, we had to pay for the hotel.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
clara said:
I think the key detail is whether it is the airline's fault.

For example, we were flying American and had a connection in Miami. Immigration was packed and we had to wait about 1.5 hours to get through. When we got through customs and went to re-check our bags, we were told that we were too late to re-check our bags for our connecting flight. American got us on the next available flight, which was the following morning, and because they said it was the fault of Immigration and not the airline, we had to pay for the hotel.

Clara,

We had the same problem coming from Jamaica to Florida and got stack in immigration. We also lost the connection and had to pay for our own hotel . Even thought the airlines should not even book you on the connecting international flight with less than 1.5 hours in between, they are still not liable for your missing the connection. We had only 45 min. connection and as much as I tried to tell them as a travle agent, that that was their fault not allowing enough time, it got me no where. To top all that, I had a foot accident in Jamaica, lost my toe nail on the beach and could not even wear shoes and that was February in Charlotte town. Plus our luggage was gone direct and we had nothing on but t-shirts and shorts , so you can imagine how happy we were.

The airlines are getting worse and worse and that's the reason, we decided not even bother with airline tickets at our agency, beside the ones from Air Canada Vacation, as they are the only ones that will still offer something back to the clients as a compensation . Otherwise , it's nothign but headaches.

I can feel for you!