Flight info from DR to Europe please

Barnes

Apr 21, 2005
Hi there,

I'll ask those who know....

How do we fly from the DR (preferably Puerto Plata or Santiago) to either the UK or Spain without the long haul of going via America?

Is there a return ticket that can be bought from Santiago to perhaps Madrid or Barcelona? Which airlines offer this option?

Or is there an option to the UK/London?

I'd appreciate some info from you all.

Thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Check Iberia, Air France and BA websites. Or you could try Expedia.com or any travel site such as Travelocity or ask a travel agent. I suspect you fly only from Santo Domingo on Iberia (who have a first class lounge in the airport there so they undoubtedly fly there).

If at all possible you should try to buy the ticket outside the DR to avoid the outrageous taxes on them.

Custodio

Apr 22, 2005
Try Condor

If you visit the Condor website you can find your flight from and to the D.R. for about ? 350.00.

The only thing is that you have to fly to Germany, but once there you can make it to any major European city for about ? 20.00 to ? 50.00 with German wings, Ryan air, HLX, or any other cheap airline.

It would be much easyer if you know somebody who would buy the tickets for you outside the D.R.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Puerto Plata's international airport offers direct connections to Europe:
Air Plus Comet (Madrid), Martinair (Amsterdam), Holland Exel (Brussels, Amsterdam), Condor (Frankfurt), LTU (Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Munich), Lauda Air (Viena).

To fly through Santiago, you will have to connect in the US.

europeanguy

Nov 23, 2004
At the websites of Condor.de or Ltu.de they don't offer flights from Dominican Republic. Only to, but not from. Both sometimes have cheap flights to the D.R. and it would be great if those fares would be also valid from the D.R. but it seems not the case, or someone must have different experiences.

Does anyone have another suggestion for the cheapest route to get somebody over from the D.R. to Europe (Germany, Holland, Belgium). There are sites like expedia.com but it doesn't mention charters.

Thanks in advance !!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thomson to UK

You can book a one way ticket from Puerto Plata to the UK direct....flight time approx. 8.5 hrs to London Gatwick......you have to to go the Thomson desk at POP airport to arrange this. Cost will depend on time of year that you travel.

Daydream

Jun 5, 2004
To fly to STI you will have to make definetly a stop in either the USA or San Juan Puerto Rico. POP SDQ and PUJ you can get non stop.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
apdomini100max said:
To fly to STI you will have to make definetly a stop in either the USA or San Juan Puerto Rico.

Keeping in mind that San Juan is part of the USA.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
europeanguy said:
Does anyone have another suggestion for the cheapest route to get somebody over from the D.R. to Europe (Germany, Holland, Belgium). There are sites like expedia.com but it doesn't mention charters.
Charters to the UK, B, NL, F, D,.. out of the DR are no go for anyone not carrying papers of an EU member state!

Dolores, Holland Exel offers interesting fares but on a charter basis only. Pity pity...

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
If you are not a citizen of an EU country and want a flight to Europe from here you have to go on the regular flights.
As Swake posted, you can only buy a charterseat from here, if available, if you carry papers from a EU member country.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
another option

Another option would be flying

Santiago to Santiago de Cuba on Caribair
and then from Santiago de cuba you can fly direct with Cubana airlines to Madrid

not sure of what the rate would be but you should get in touch with either airlines in DR

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
carina.

there is no such limitation for dominican passengers regarding charter flights. it is allowed to sell seats from Dominican Republic for charter flights where there is no regular services. For example you can sell a ticket POP-HEL because there is no scheduled service on this route. For flight PUJ-MAD you should obtain special permissions to sell tickets. Airlines will never sell tickets from Dom Rep for charter flights, those flight are operated for tourists who come from europe for a limited time of 7-14 days.

I personally issued several tickets to Dominican citizens for charter flights to Europe.

john cast

Oct 3, 2004
Barnes said:
Hi there,

I'll ask those who know....

How do we fly from the DR (preferably Puerto Plata or Santiago) to either the UK or Spain without the long haul of going via America?

Is there a return ticket that can be bought from Santiago to perhaps Madrid or Barcelona? Which airlines offer this option?

Or is there an option to the UK/London?

I'd appreciate some info from you all.

Thanks
i cked ,my daughter is in spain cost less to fly into ny then dr make a vacation of it and spend a few day,s in the city

Dec 9, 2002
aviastar said:
there is no such limitation for dominican passengers regarding charter flights. it is allowed to sell seats from Dominican Republic for charter flights where there is no regular services
Sorry Aviastar, but you are wrong here. I could not purchase a ticket on any of the British charters for my Dominican husband to fly one way from DR to UK, even though he had his UK Visa in place. However, now that he is actually here in UK, he can purchase a return ticket [UK-DR-UK] on any of the British charters.

calala2k

Apr 22, 2005
hi dominican babe

i had this trouble with getting my husband here!! the best thing you can do is go to the travel agents in puerto plata and book a one way ticket to uk flying via madrid! talk to roberto he was very helpful! one prob you cant pay by credit card over the phone if you are in uk!! my husband booked his flight on a wednesday and had to travel to santo domingo airport for the saturday night flight he was on his own and was fine!! infact he loved it!!now everytime we go on holiday he cant wait to fly back after we get there cos he loves flying!!
you cant get a dominican on a charter flight unless you have proof that they fly in with them or so they said to me
youve got my email addy if you want to know more how much longer now??? not long surely??
calala2k