Just Got back on Sunday

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I just got back from my trip from the DR on Sunday. I had a nice time. I went with my babies momma and two girls. We stayed with her mother and father in Villa Mella once again. The weather was nice. This time around we hit a couple of different locations. We went to a farm north of San Pedro de Macoris for the day where we had a bbq. The owner of the farm raised cocks for fighting. This appeared to be a lucrative buisness. He also had a horse there so my kids could go horse back riding. I tried a couple different fruits that he had growing on his property. The best I thought was coca. In the afternoon it started to rain real heavey. This did not seem to bother anyone. I was told it had not rained in close to a month. Like every trip to the DR many Presidentes were consumed. We visited Juan Dolio Beach a couple of times. This is always nice because venders don't bother anyone on the beach. We also visited Aqua Splash again. My kids love this place. I have to admit I enjoy the place too. The price is 200 pesos for adults to get in and I believe 120 peso for kids, these are Saturday prices (a little more then usual). This place has some pretty good water slides. We also took a day trip to San Cristobal, La Toma. This is a river that is set up like swimming pools. The price to get in is 30 pesos for adults and 10 pesos for kids. You are not allowed to bring your own bottles into the park. You have to buy from them. The prices for beer or brugal there are pretty high. Everyone had a good time even though it rained most of the day. We have a house that is being renivated in Boca Chica so we spent a little time in Boca Chica for the day. Hopefully by August the place will be furnished and we could stay there on our next trip. We also bought a day pass at the Hamaca in Boca Chica one afternoon. I believe it was about $35 American to get in. On Tuesday of last week at about 7:30 a.m. we woke up to the sound of gun fire. Right across the street is an Ole food market in Villa Mella. I am told that a police lieutenant interupted a robbery and had his gun taken from him. I was also told that he was shot to death with his own gun. If this is true I can not believe how it was buisness as usual in about 20 minutes after the incident. All in all the trip was nice but now it is time for me to detox from all the Presidentes.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Gunshots

Sounds more like an adventure than a vacation.......Thats what I like so much about a third world country.................typical DR, Ya gotta love it!!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Lucky you! You get to go a lot. (I saw your posting in March).

Where exactly is "Aqua Splash". People keep saying it's in The Capital, but where in The Capital?

I didn't realize that the Hamaca offered a day pass. Is that offered to anyone or only those visiting someone staying overnight in the hotel. What does the day pass include?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
rellosk said:
I didn't realize that the Hamaca offered a day pass. Is that offered to anyone or only those visiting someone staying overnight in the hotel. What does the day pass include?
The day passes are going for about $30US for anybody who wants it.
The day passes allows you to use their facilities, i.e. gym, beach, etc...
I don't know about the Drinks and Food part.
Oh yeah, they give you a colored wrist band

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
rellosk said:
Lucky you! You get to go a lot. (I saw your posting in March).

Where exactly is "Aqua Splash". People keep saying it's in The Capital, but where in The Capital?

The day pass is to anyone. No need to be visiting anyone. It is all inclusive for food and drinks and access to pools and beach. I believe it's from 11:00 am to 5:30 p.m. Aqua Splash is right down the block from the aquarium.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jruane44 said:
The day pass is to anyone. No need to be visiting anyone. It is all inclusive for food and drinks and access to pools and beach. I believe it's from 11:00 am to 5:30 p.m. Aqua Splash is right down the block from the aquarium.
Where's the aquarium?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I dont know the name of the street. But if your coming from SDQ airport and drive toward the capital it is approximately 20 minutes from the toll both. It is opposite ocean side and has a pretty big parking lot. Any time that I've gone it has never been packed. Sorry for the half-a$$ed directions.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jruane44 said:
I dont know the name of the street. But if your coming from SDQ airport and drive toward the capital it is approximately 20 minutes from the toll both. It is opposite ocean side and has a pretty big parking lot. Any time that I've gone it has never been packed. Sorry for the half-a$$ed directions.
Is that 20 Dominican minutes?:)

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
where exactly is aqua spalsh

I wold really love to take the kids to aqua splash.I'm guessing it's in the south?I need the adress .Thanks guys.

May 31, 2005
jruane44 said:
I just got back from my trip from the DR on Sunday. I had a nice time. I went with my babies momma and two girls. We stayed with her mother and father in Villa Mella once again. The weather was nice. This time around we hit a couple of different locations. We went to a farm north of San Pedro de Macoris for the day where we had a bbq. The owner of the farm raised cocks for fighting. This appeared to be a lucrative buisness. He also had a horse there so my kids could go horse back riding. I tried a couple different fruits that he had growing on his property. The best I thought was coca. In the afternoon it started to rain real heavey. This did not seem to bother anyone. I was told it had not rained in close to a month. Like every trip to the DR many Presidentes were consumed. We visited Juan Dolio Beach a couple of times. This is always nice because venders don't bother anyone on the beach. We also visited Aqua Splash again. My kids love this place. I have to admit I enjoy the place too. The price is 200 pesos for adults to get in and I believe 120 peso for kids, these are Saturday prices (a little more then usual). This place has some pretty good water slides. We also took a day trip to San Cristobal, La Toma. This is a river that is set up like swimming pools. The price to get in is 30 pesos for adults and 10 pesos for kids. You are not allowed to bring your own bottles into the park. You have to buy from them. The prices for beer or brugal there are pretty high. Everyone had a good time even though it rained most of the day. We have a house that is being renivated in Boca Chica so we spent a little time in Boca Chica for the day. Hopefully by August the place will be furnished and we could stay there on our next trip. We also bought a day pass at the Hamaca in Boca Chica one afternoon. I believe it was about $35 American to get in. On Tuesday of last week at about 7:30 a.m. we woke up to the sound of gun fire. Right across the street is an Ole food market in Villa Mella. I am told that a police lieutenant interupted a robbery and had his gun taken from him. I was also told that he was shot to death with his own gun. If this is true I can not believe how it was buisness as usual in about 20 minutes after the incident. All in all the trip was nice but now it is time for me to detox from all the Presidentes.
I went to la toma on my last trip to the DR two months ago. It was not my first time going though. We used to go all the time. I didn't like it too much now. The entrance fee is cheap and the food is cheap. Presidentes I feel are too expensive for la toma. The water had a lot of leaves. It looked ugly with all the leaves. The electricity went out at around 5:00PM and they shut off the radio. We left soon after that. We had a bottle of Johnnie Walker and my friend ended up giving the guy some money to let us bring it in with us. The best part about la toma is that the water is cold, cold, cold.

I used to love aguasplash as well. I don't like it as much anymore. It's not because I don't like aguasplash itself. I just don't like water parks as much anymore.

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Agua Splash/Aquarium location

To be a bit more precise for those that are wondering about the location of Agua Splash and the Aquarium, from Santo Domingo, crossing over 'the floating bridge' right next to the Colonial Zone, go east towards the airport
and they will be a couple of kilometers past the navy base at Sans Souci.
Coming from the airport take Avenida Espa?a towards the city and they will
be about one kilometer from the Avenida Las Americas/Avenida Espa?a interchange. They are almost right across from each other.