Friend On Drug Charges - Update.

G

Grahame Bush

For those of you interested in the Stuart Ratner case (if new to this ? see archives), The Habeas Corpus hearing did not go well. The Judge (for Political reasons & apparent lack of interest) found that there MIGHT be a case to answer & he should therefor remain in Prison until his trial. This keeping in goal is standard practice where Drugs are concerned but the hearing itself does leave cause for concern. The lawyers for Mr. Ratner have put in an appeal into Santiago Court & the decision is expected in about 2 months time.

Mr. Ratner has become resigned to his position but would obviously be happy to have some communication with fellow Americans who could offer him some moral support (especially those who have visited his Otro Mundo Restaurant just outside Playa Dorada). If any of you feel you are able to write to him or are prepared to contact influential bodies to ?Question? the circumstances relating to this case, please contact me at the attached E-mail address.

His fellow Americans here seem to have forgotten him or are reluctant to get involved thinking him guilty because of rumours they have heard. One American is actually putting it around that Mr. Ratner has been found GUILTY & that he has been sentenced to 2 years imprisonment & deportment at the end of his sentence which simply is not the case. Mr. Ratner?s lawyer will be only to pleased to keep people aware of the latest developments or you can enquire through this address. Grahame.

G

Grahame Bush

Sorry all, I forgot to include the e-mail address. It is bedggood_bush@hotmail.com - Grahame.

N

noelle

Graham... people are not forgetting Stuart.. but as you surely know, not all of us want to go through all those procedures and search and tipping etc... so we can get to see him. Very good friends of mine tries to see him last week anf failed because they refused to give more money than they had given both that day and previous day.... Cheers Noelle Sofy's B&B

D

DEF

Dear Noelle that's a load of b.s you don't have to pay or tip to see the guy, you just have to want to. I, my-self do not consider him a friend nor an enemy, so I won't see him. But his friends are a not interested! If they were they would see him, but also they may have the fear of just being near him there. Like being associated with him. As for what you said that's bull-crap! total excuse.

J

Joyce Jimenez

Re: Friend On Drug Charges - For DEE

Excuse me but I dont see how you can make a statement like that. Have you every tried to go see someone in jail???? Especially if its a a american????? The police think americans have money so they will expect you to pay........ Have you every lived in the DR? or had to deal with the police there??? I think not, because you wouldnt have made the ------ statement that you made.

Have a nice day!!

Joyce

N

noelle

Thanks Joyce... you sure know what you are talking about!!! We are on the same wave length! Cheers Noelle

D

DEF

Please!!!!!! Know what your talking about! Have either of you ever gone to the jail here. I have visited people in the prison here. I've lived here for 12 years and the only one that doesn't know what there talking about are you 2. If you want proff I'll take you up there my-self , and I pay the propina that you say you have to give. By the way I live just down the street from there! So enough of your excuses thank-you very much

R

Richie Rich

And the Police don't take bribes on the street, and it don't rain in Indianappolis in the summertime.....

N

noelle

So what does the police do.... corner of Beller and 27 de Febrero???

R

Richie Rich

Noelle

That was a line from a song Something about if God doesn't do something, then God doesn't make little green apples and it don't rain in Indianappolis in the summer time (which it does frequently). What I was saying is that if you don't believe the police take bribes you are blind

J

Joyce Jimenez

DEF,

Excuse me, but I lived in the Dominican Republic for 10 years, thank you very much, so I dont know where you get off ASSUMING THAT I HAVE NEVER LIVED THERE. I first went to the DR in 1981, and then lived there for 10 years. I am married to a dominican man for 13 years and have 5 DOMINICIAN CHILDREN, 4 OF WHICH WERE BORN IN THE DR. I worked in tourism for many years and know many people in the DR. I have never been in trouble with the police but I know many innocent people who have. I was once in a motorcycle accident in Puerto Plata, a car hit me while I was waiting to make a turn. My motorcycle went to the police department and guess who they wanted to pay big bucks to get my motorcycle out of the police station. I'll give you one guess, it wasnt the guy who hit me. yes I was in the hospital for many days and was lucky to be alive. When I finally got my motorcycle back many things were missing from it, it was not like that when it was taken to the police station. Yes and I know your going to say, how do you know that. Well, I have many friends there and they were at the accident scene and saw my motorcycle before it was hauled off to the police station and I might add I had to get a military friend of mine to go to the police station with me to get the bike or they werent going to give it back, unless I paid this crazy amount of money. I guess the police needed some extra parts for their motorcycles. IT WILL BE 20 YEARS SINCE I FIRST STARTED GOING TO THE DR. LETS SEE, YOU WANT TO START COMPARING STORIES TO SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT?????

Joyce (pura gringa) Jimenez

You have a great day and hope you dont get stopped by the police and not have a few extra pesos in your pocket.........

Joyce