STI airport to Sosua

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What is the best way to get from STI airport to Sosua. My flight arrives Wednesday, May 11 at 12:45 p.m.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you don't hook up with badpiece

You take a cab from the airport: RD$450 (posted price) to Caribe Tours station on Maimon Street in Santiago (Down the street from the Metro Station.) Catch a but so Sosua. Piece of cake.

Trip should take maybe 15 minutes to the bus station and from the bus station about 2 hours to Sosua (with a stop in Santiago-on the other side of town and another one in Puerto Plata)

Of course, if you can hook up with badpiece, all of this is redundant.

HB :p

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hillbilly said:
You take a cab from the airport: RD$450 (posted price) to Caribe Tours station on Maimon Street in Santiago (Down the street from the Metro Station.) Catch a but so Sosua. Piece of cake.

Trip should take maybe 15 minutes to the bus station and from the bus station about 2 hours to Sosua (with a stop in Santiago-on the other side of town and another one in Puerto Plata)

Of course, if you can hook up with badpiece, all of this is redundant.

Thanks for the help Hillbilly. My original post I forgot to mention I am arriving May 11. Badpiece offered to help me out but I will arrive a week later. I didn't realize the Caribe Tour bus doesn't stop at the airport. Thanks for vital information. I looked at Caribe Tour wesite but I am not fluent in reading spanish. I guess I will take my chance and get to the bus stop for the next bus to come along.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
By the time you are done taking a cab to Caribe Tours from STI and another cab from Caribe Tours to Sosua Central, you will have saved about $20. IMHO, it is not worth the aggravation. Take a cab from STI to Sosua for $60.
I am sure you saved $50 by flying into STI!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
By the time you are done taking a cab to Caribe Tours from STI and another cab from Caribe Tours to Sosua Central, you will have saved about $20. IMHO, it is not worth the aggravation. Take a cab from STI to Sosua for $60.
I am sure you saved $50 by flying into STI!

I saved close to $200 USD on the airfare. My primary reason for flying into STI is because Continental has limited service (3 or 4 days a week) to POP. My first stop in the DR will be Cabarete. The hotel owner emailed me he could have his driver pick me up at the Sosua bus terminal and transport me to the hotel for 300 pesos. If it is not that big of savings maybe I should consider the taxi portal to portal.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Escott said:
You made a bad deal. It will waste your time and save you NOTHING.
Actually I think I did what was best for me. The days I could leave and return Continental did not have flights to POP. I wanted to stay with Continental for the frequent flyer points. The points I pick up will be half of what is needed for a first class upgrade. I look on the bright side as I will see a lot more of the country. If I bus it I get to see a little more of how the locals live (I hope) ;) .

Escott said:
You coming for 4 days?:)
8 days/7 nights

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is another option

To save time, you could email palomalinda0890@hotmail.com and ask Roc?o to have her husband pick you up.

The cost to Cabarete is $70, the last time I asked, and their service is gaining fans all the time. Punctual, courteous and the guy speaks English so you can ask""What's that?" and get a good answer.

FYI, $70 is over $20 less than the posted rate to go to Puerto Plata (On the sign at STI airport!)

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Sti To Sosua

Why all the run around with buses and cabs?? You can fly from STI to POP for around $40 US via Air SantoDomingo, 20 minutes and a 15 minute cab to Sosua and it's a done deal. Money shouldn't be the object, TIME...... If you saved on your flight over, splurge a little.............It's all part of the adventure. Have a great time. GGN420

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ggn420 said:
Why all the run around with buses and cabs?? You can fly from STI to POP for around $40 US via Air SantoDomingo, 20 minutes and a 15 minute cab to Sosua and it's a done deal. Money shouldn't be the object, TIME...... If you saved on your flight over, splurge a little.............It's all part of the adventure. Have a great time. GGN420
Any idea of the schedule and what type of plane they fly?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
ggn420 said:
You can fly from STI to POP for around $40 US via Air SantoDomingo, 20 minutes and a 15 minute cab to Sosua and it's a done deal.

Do you have a website? I searched the net and could not find any additional information.

Thanks

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Sti To Pop

rellosk said:
Any idea of the schedule and what type of plane they fly?
Call General Aviation at the Airport, or just wait till you get there, wing it. Both Air Santodomingo and Domca have several flights daily, they are twin prop, 18 passenger, can't tell you the aircraft type. They are cheap and fast, but not always on time. Buy the time you get done screwing around, beleive me this is the best way to go..........Just ask Sky King!! GGN420

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hillbilly said:
To save time, you could email palomalinda0890@hotmail.com and ask Roc?o to have her husband pick you up.

The cost to Cabarete is $70, the last time I asked, and their service is gaining fans all the time. Punctual, courteous and the guy speaks English so you can ask""What's that?" and get a good answer.
I'm a fan. I used JJ last time and he was everything HB said plus he doesn't drink alcohol on the job (It's always good to have somebody sober).

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
badpiece33 said:
The ride with me was for free all I ask of my passengers is to keep me full with Ice Cold Presidentes ;)
As previously mentioned, I prefer my driver to remain sober.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hillbilly said:

Hillbilly, Done deal. I received an email from Rocio in less than 4 hours. Cost is $75 USD. Airport to Hotel door step. Thanks a lot! If only they could provide a chica for the ride. Wishfull thinking, but thanks again. One less thing to worry about.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
JJ the Driver

Hillbilly said:

FYI, $70 is over $20 less than the posted rate to go to Puerto Plata (On the sign at STI airport!)

Hillbilly, I just returned from 8 days in the DR. I used JJ as my driver for arrival and departure. He was fantastic! Instead of just a drive from and to the airport it was more like a guided tour. JJ detoured off the main road several times to show me different areas. I am sure it must have added additional time to the drive but it was well worth it. As you mentioned he was on time, actually early. His english is very good and he is just a friendly guy. Anyone wanting more information pm me as I can go on and on about how wonderful this driver is.

Thanks again HB