Podium Dancers

Rio~San~juan

Aug 3, 2004
www.faceparty.co.uk
HI

my job in the UK is a podium dancer ( i do NOT take my clothes off) i am like a club dancer just there to keep the crowd going.

i was wondering if any clubs in the dominican have them. the ones i have been to dont.

i think it would be a great idea....

what does everyone else think do you think any clubs in the DR would go for this??

let me know
RIO

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Try Jazzy's on Avenida Venezuela!

PS: Is "The Dominican" near Santo Domingo?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tamborista said:
Try Jazzy's on Avenida Venezuela!

PS: Is "The Dominican" near Santo Domingo?

That's a stip club, so you can forget Jazzy's.
Actually it's on Ave. Espana :)

You will find that at some of the larger electronic music events they will use a few podium dancers to warm up the crowd.

It's not that popular and the DR has no shortage of great looking incredible dancers that will dance for a RD$2-3,000 pesos all night.

Take a look at http://bonche.com

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
also

Lovely Dominican gals dance all night for free just about everywhere.

I know of one excellent dancer who worked for a while at a club in Sosua, but it didn't go over well. Didn't seem to make a difference in drawing a crowd.

I prefer the show as it unfolds impromptu just about everywhere. Classico, for example. Although, by far the most outrageous spectator show I saw was not from a Dominican, but I would hazard a guess, Russian.

She was absolutely wild at Classico and had the Dominicans, men and women, standing back simply gawking. She had her partner throwing Presidente down her throat from 3 feet above; she was all over him in about every position known to man (clothes on, skimpy as they were :) she had long, long legs and little corduroy boots and breasts that sat just under her throat.

I happened to be there with the gals from Larry's Girl's Bar and it was hilarious... Janice took one look at Miss Russia and said "Silicone".

What a hoot!

oh, I almost forgot the most important point: Miss Russia's dancing didn't hold a candle to only moderately good Dominican gals.

Rio~San~juan

Aug 3, 2004
www.faceparty.co.uk
thankz

Podium dancers work really hard for money....

it takes stamina to dance in the heat for 20 / 30 mins with no break....

i mean if you think when you go to a club your dancing (your hot anyways) but when your on a podium you have to really go for it. plus you have the lights on you, the pressure to do well its a hard job and i know only to well.

ive been doing it since september,... have worked all over the uk... its a good job but you have to be pretty hard i mean some thinsg what people say to you and some people think its ok to touch you when its NOT!

but anyways keep the msgs comming...

i would love to do this job in the DR

i also do stilts and hopefully going to learn fire dancing soon....

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
heck ill hire you to podium dance for me wow....what are your rates!!!!
seriously and all jokes aside, i cant thi nk of any place on the north coast that requires a woman to dance AND keep her clothes on.....good luck though!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Actually, Mangu's Disco in Playa Dorada pays girls to dance, I know one of them. I think she gets RD1,000 or 1,500 per night. I wouldn't count on this for a job though, the place opened a few months ago and they might only be doing this for a little while. If you PM me I could put you in touch with one of the managers.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
there's a club is Sosua

that's opening soon which is going to have podium dancers. They've already hired all their dancers though - from Columbia .... let's face it folks, the people who come here to see girls dance do not come here to see white girls dance ;)

Stay well,
Amy

edited to add: but if you would like to give it a try, send me your photo and resume to amy2761@yahoo.com and I'll see that they get it.