Using GSM900/1800 GSM in DR ?

D

David

Hello,

I have an unusual question for an holiday place, but is it possible to use an GSM900/GSM1800 mobile in DR (Soshua) ?

I would be very glad about each hint / answer to this question ! Please answer directly to sl917hi@uni-duisburg.de

Thank you very much !

Many greetings ....

David

J

john FRANKLIN

No,

The DR does not support the "european" GSM standard on it's mobile networks (same as the US).

Regards John Franklin from Belgium

C

corneleo

John is it possible too use the 1900 network(gsm) because motorola has a tri-band mobile iwant too buy this because we are go two times a year to Punta Cana

thanks from corneleo & Yvonne from Holland (

J

john FRANKLIN

As far as I know the technology is different, there is no support for 800/1800 1900 GSM is the DR. Contact Codetel or Tricom using their web site if you want a confirmation. If you travel twice a year, why not buy a cellular phone and have it activated on the cheapest plan available with one of the two companies.

Regards John

L

Larry

For all you non-Europeans, when I was in the DR, my Sprint PCS mobile worked without having to do activation. Strange tho, it worked at El Rincon but not Las Galeras...

C

corneleo

do you know some prices of cellulars and where to buy this are you living in the DR?