Ocean World - Update!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Arapaimas are now on display
After one full year in our fish lab, our two Arapaimas are on display in our Amazon Aquarium. This unique fresh water fish lives in the rivers of South America. When full grown they can reach lengths of over six feet. In the wild, Arapaimas have been seen leaping from the water to catch and eat birds! In fact it takes special zoological permits to import and display Arapaimas. Ocean World obtained the permits and imported the Arapaimas from Lima, Peru. Come and see these rare and unusually fresh water fish.

Tiger Birthday Parties
Our two Bengal tigers will be celebrating their first birthday in June. Blanco our male white tiger will celebrate his first birthday on June 2, 2005. Our orange tiger Bravo?s birthday is June 13, 2005.
The tigers will have their own birthday party. Ocean World guests are welcome to sing happy birthday as the tigers receive a special birthday cake as well as new toys! Birthday party time to be announced.

Dolphin Beach Remodel
The Dolphin Beach is being remodeled to decrease the slope towards the water. The beach is being worked on half at a time so our guest may still enjoy one of the most unique beaches in the world. Where else can you enjoy laying on a lounge chair and watch dolphins play?

Bird Show Training
Ocean World?s bird trainers are working hard training our collection of exotic birds to fly outside of their aviaries. If you pass by the rainforest tiger grotto swimming pool you may see the birds and trainers in action. We plan to open our free flight bird show later next year.

may18.jpg

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
and I've been to Ocean World this past April and swam with the dolphins and what an experience!!! Thank you Robert for mentioning the Tiger's names, I didn't know them ;) Ocean World is BEAUTIFUL!!! I was emotional being there because I had never seen a dolphin in real life or such a beautiful tourrist attraction. Most importantly, I met someone that works there :) I just did not want to leave...the gift shop is full of great things to bring back home, and the Photo Shop is even better, the prices are decent for photos and I have a video of the experience as a wonderful memory.

Robert you wouldn't know the dolphins names would you? I know there are 13 (at least there were when I was there in April)

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
wow

Pleasure to meet you conchman ;) I am sure we will meet one day, my future husband works there :)

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
Lol

Conchman said:
oh boy, what are my guys up to again now??? LOL

Nothing*wink wink* I asked him if he knows Conchman and he doesn't - what is your real name if you don't mind me asking? Or just your first name. I couldn't help but fall in love at first site with Jose Miguel (you know who I'm talking about?) He is a customer service rep. What a wonderful guy!!!! and a hard worker.

Can I send you an e-mail Conchman? I need to ask you something.....I don't want to post it on here...

eso mami (Sonia)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
eso_mami said:
Nothing*wink wink* I asked him if he knows Conchman and he doesn't - what is your real name if you don't mind me asking? Or just your first name. I couldn't help but fall in love at first site with Jose Miguel (you know who I'm talking about?) He is a customer service rep. What a wonderful guy!!!! and a hard worker.

Can I send you an e-mail Conchman? I need to ask you something.....I don't want to post it on here...

eso mami (Sonia)

Did you ever consider that a business would have a policy to discourage staff having relationships with multiple guests? Kind of like the rule 99% of the resorts have here.

I'm not saying that's the case with Ocean World, but something some of you should think about when posting about your lovers, boyfriends and future husbands on DR1. Yes, many of the resorts etc read this board.

See post #7, Conchman is the General Manager of Ocean World.
I'm sure Jose Miguel know's his bosses name :)

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
totally agree with Robert.....wrong forum to be speaking about this...(below)

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
eso_mami said:
I understand what you're saying it makes perfect sense, but in this case, it should not apply, because nothing happened at Ocean World, I was busy with my mother swimming with dolphins and enjoying the shows and the beach, he and I got along from the get go, and became friends. Now, almost 2 months later, we care about each other. There is nothing wrong with meeting a friend and falling in love with them at a later date is there? If anyone did anything wrong, it was me because I'm the one with a life here in Canada which I will be leaving for him. This should not cause a problem for him. If it does it's not fair because nothing happened! I would never jeopardize his job for my selfish reasons...never!!! So please don't scare me like that Robert, now I'm paranoid that I could have caused problems and I don't want that to happen....HE DID NOTHING WRONG! :cry:

I suggest you take your concerns to the Mars and Venus forum.
Plus, spend a few hours reading the posts in that forum.

No more posts on this topic in this thread, please.