alcohol and drugs in paradise

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
if i had a dollar for everytime that presidente or brugal was mentioned on this website...i'd be a millionaire.out of curiosity.what's the rules? if you're in the safe confines of a all inclusive..i imagine you're safe...people fly into these beautiful islands from all over the world to vacation and party...to party ..most of the time means to drink...in two weeks they're on a plane home and the vacation is over...when someone decides to move here..does the party start ? or does it become that long awaited vacation called retirement? and if these retirees lose their perspective...is there a place for them to go for help?

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
thank you ..all i wanted to know if there was a place where people in the dr can go to for help if they need it..like in the states or canada.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!

paddy said:
if i had a dollar for everytime that presidente or brugal was mentioned on this website...i'd be a millionaire.out of curiosity.what's the rules? if you're in the safe confines of a all inclusive..i imagine you're safe...people fly into these beautiful islands from all over the world to vacation and party...to party ..most of the time means to drink...in two weeks they're on a plane home and the vacation is over...when someone decides to move here..does the party start ? or does it become that long awaited vacation called retirement? and if these retirees lose their perspective...is there a place for them to go for help?
If I had a dollar for everytime "sankies/sankettes" is/are metioned on this website, I can buy the Presidente and Brugal companies TOGETHER/AT THE SAME TIME!!.

Yes, there are AA offices in the DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Paddy, you have touched on a good point

One of the main reasons that I always harp on Santiago and its environs is because I feel that retirement is supposed to be a fulfilling experience, one that makes life more interesting than a two week roll in the hay with a professional and a half a case of booze. I mean, after the hangover wears off what have you got? Maybe a case of HIV? Come on! :(:(

If you think that life should be a bit more than that, I feel quite strongly that your retirement should be among people that can talk, think and act like normal human beings for years, not just a few lucid moments between drinks.

Yes, there are nice retirement communities on the North Shore, like El Choco and Casa Linda and Sea Horse Ranch and probably a few others that I don't know about. However, there are severe limitations on what can be done and done relatively easily. After all, beach and booze can be great for a while, but what then?:p

Here in the real "heart" of the country, there is theater, culture and plenty of entertainment opportunities. Time and good manners will win a lot of new friends and the social clubs, like the Centro Espa?ol or the Gurabito Country Club will provide scenarios for dancing and good eating among friends. There are few "flash in the pan" friends or people out to get your bucks...

And, yes, Bill W. does have groups all over the island...every provincial capitol of any size has at least one group...

So, come on into the country and look around. A nice friend just purchased some land in Punta Rucia and an apartment in Santiago for her retirement. Now that's a combination hard to beat!

HB :D:D:D