Desperately seeking Soul

D

darius

Hi there, firstly thanks for takin time out to check out my message, well I'm gonna be in the D R in October, for 2 weeks, I'm looking for any clubs in the puerto plata region which play some soul tunes, because it's been a hard year and I need to dance my butt off.

if anyone knows pls let me know...oh and if there are any ladies going, don't be afraid to drop me a e mail...after all I will need a dance partner for the faster soul tunes.

see ya

darius - manchester uk

L

lorri

WELL DARIUS, THE ONLY PLACE I KNOW OF THAT PLAYS A LITTLE SOUL IS CRAZY MOON. IT IS IN THE PARADISE BEACH RESORT IN PLAYA DORADA COMPLEX. THEY PLAY A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING. IT IS MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO GO. THE OTHER PLACE IS ANDROMEDA IN THE HEAVENS HOTEL. IT IS ALSO IN THE PLAYA DORADA COMPLEX. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME AND I GUARANTEE YOU WILL DANCE YOUR ASS OFF!! (IF YOU LIKE LATIN MUSIC TRY LA BARRICA IN TOWN IN PUERTO PLATA, IT IS GREAT AND YOU CAN DANCE UNTIL 7AM)TAKE CARE LORRI

D

Drake

Re: Forget Soul dance Merengue!

Hey Darius, Soul is cool but you should really be looking at what the DR has to offer; Merengue, Bachata and Salsa. These Ritmos are much better designed for dancing with ladies. Enjoy what this island has to offer!

J

Jessica

hey Darius, I've visited the Dominican Republic this august. I also like soul music very much. I've been to several places, but they play mostly merengue. I liked "high carribean" very much. They play merengue, and also other popular music. But i think that you could bring a soul/R&B cd to the DJ and he'll play it for you. High Carribean is located in Sosua, there are local people and tourists. In "La Barrica" a famous discotheque in Puerto Plata they only play merengue and salsa. It is very famous by the local people. In Crazy Moon, in the Playa Dorado complex, they play both merengue and popular music. p.s. : In all the places i've been, they really don't play R&B music much, and if they do they play just a few old songs from a year ago. I've spoken to some Dominican people, and they haven't heard from "R.Kelly" so.... But i'm sure you like the merengue music they play and the whole atmosphere around that. I sure did!!! You won't be bored. If you have any other questions, you can mail me, and i'll answer them. Jessica (Holland)

D

darius

Hey thanks for the response everyone, I'm going to try to send evryone a personal e-mial, but I want to say thanks anyway...

by the way in response to drake, I love salsa and merengue, and look forward to dancing to it but, I know at some point I'll wanna dance to some soul and it makes better sense to hv the place in mind for when the feeling takes me.

thanx again y'all