Puertorrique?o in Dr1

Antillano

Jun 10, 2005
trescaminos.blogspot.com
Hello everyone. I stumbled onto this website while searching information on the Dominican Republic. I am a half-Dominican half-Puerto Rican college student, born and raised in N.Y.C. However, I do not know my Dominican father so, therefore, I know very little about the half-island, except for some political facts concerning Rafael Trujillo, Juan Bosch...etc As for my Puerto Rican side - let's just say that if any of you ever want to know anything about Borinqu?n, then I'm the one to ask, lol. I would like to learn about my other half, especially since it is the main source of immigration to the neighboring island I love so dearly. So, I hope to enjoy myself in this interesting forum. If any of you know any good books, films, facts...etc on DR, please feel free to tell me. I'm an open book.... ;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The bright ugly green font is even harder to read than the recent ugly purple font of someone else. it really is unneccesary just because you know a few HTML tags.

Nov 5, 2004
Conchman said:
hurts your eyes when reading with hangover
Haha..i was just thinking that as I am sitting here at work with my nice headache. :cross-eye
But Welcome Antillano...There are some very helpful ppl on here....I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself..and hope you learn some things about your culture.

Have you ever been to the DR? Are you planning on going anytime soon?

And ya..maybe stick at least to a darker color when you write..it really isn't easy to read with a hangover...lol

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Antillano said:
Hello everyone. I stumbled onto this website while searching information on the Dominican Republic. I am a half-Dominican half-Puerto Rican college student, born and raised in N.Y.C. However, I do not know my Dominican father so, therefore, I know very little about the half-island, except for some political facts concerning Rafael Trujillo, Juan Bosch...etc As for my Puerto Rican side - let's just say that if any of you ever want to know anything about Borinqu?n, then I'm the one to ask, lol. I would like to learn about my other half, especially since it is the main source of immigration to the neighboring island I love so dearly. So, I hope to enjoy myself in this interesting forum. If any of you know any good books, films, facts...etc on DR, please feel free to tell me. I'm an open book.... ;)

Antillano, sometime last year someone mentioned on this board that the corruption seen DR can be traced back to when it was a colony of Spain and then mentioned that he was so excited by all the talk that he was going back to reading his history book. Curious (since I had been reading the horrible writings of Moya Sans in English), I wrote this person who told me that the history book he was refering to was Carribean by Mitchener. Tremendously great reading. While it deals with the entire Carribean history - not just DR - it provides a great foundation to build on.

May 31, 2005
I had to highlight the green text in order to be able to read it. If you stare at it for a minute and then look at a wall next to you it will make you feel like if you are starting to go crazy.

Antillano

Jun 10, 2005
trescaminos.blogspot.com
lol

All right, all right, I'll stop using the bright green text color, LOL. I've been here for a day and I'm already starting controversey! lol

Oh, and to answer PeachezNcream84's question, no, I have never been to DR and I'm not really planning to go for a while, mostly because of work. Although, I'd love to one day. ;)

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Antillano said:
All right, all right, I'll stop using the bright green text color, LOL. I've been here for a day and I'm already starting controversey! lol

Oh, and to answer PeachezNcream84's question, no, I have never been to DR and I'm not really planning to go for a while, mostly because of work. Although, I'd love to one day. ;)

so you are a boriqua living as a Nu Yourka..that's ov ite, you go girl! welcome to the site, where we fight..argue..and then make up..Oh by the way you look awesome in those jeans :nervous: see ya from Raffy! A.K.A. (Daddy 1)

Antillano

Jun 10, 2005
trescaminos.blogspot.com
daddy1 said:
so you are a boriqua living as a Nu Yourka..that's ov ite, you go girl! welcome to the site, where we fight..argue..and then make up..Oh by the way you look awesome in those jeans :nervous: see ya from Raffy! A.K.A. (Daddy 1)

Um, ok, my screen name is AntillanO - I'm a guy. However, I do own a pair of jeans, LOL. I also now live in Chicago. ;)

Nov 5, 2004
Antillano said:

Do you know where specificaly in the DR your family is from?

I assume you have been to Puerto Rico though?:)

Antillano

Jun 10, 2005
trescaminos.blogspot.com
PeachezNcream84 said:
Do you know where specificaly in the DR your family is from?

I assume you have been to Puerto Rico though?:)

I have no idea where my Dominican side of my family are from, although I wish I did.

I've been to Puerto Rico many times. I plan to go this summer, hopefully, lol. ;)