re: How to deal with Haitian street beggars

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
re: How to deal with Haitian street beggars

I'm sure the subject of Haitian street beggars has surfaced on the boards previously, but my last few visits to Santo Domingo, I have been quite annoyed at Haitian women screaming and wailing, pointing to their babies while sitting cross-legged at major city intersections.

I say lock up the people who put the beggars on street corners with 45 day jail sentences and increase with stiffer sentences for repeat offenders.

I believe beggars should be dealt with harshly. It's a parasitic lifestyle for worthless bums.

There was a futuristic movie in the late 80's, where beggars and bums were rounded up by a Gestapo like force, herded into large trucks, taken to remote areas outside the city and beaten with bats or shot. I kind of liked that movie. Very effective to stop the beggars.

Suggestions for stiffer punishment for the organizers and the street beggars themselves? Any debate?

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
kingofdice said:
I'm sure the subject of Haitian street beggars has surfaced on the boards previously, but my last few visits to Santo Domingo, I have been quite annoyed at Haitian women screaming and wailing, pointing to their babies while sitting cross-legged at major city intersections.

Just stand-by for the reaction...I hope you have a spare head somewhere.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
This is a Good Debate topic but, Kingofdice comments were ignorant and way out of line.

Haitian street beggars is a problem that's only will be compounded by the devastation Haitians are causing for their people and their country.
The DR have to start realizing that many of these Haitians are refugees and the 4-border ports of entry is not enough to cover the 245 mile border separating both countries. The situation in Haiti is Dire and the DR may have to come to the realization that Haiti may be past the Point Of No Return, due to the fact that Haitian deforestation is 95%, No drinking water, No food and Crime. Haiti is compared with some of the worst war-torn areas of sub-saharan africa.

Last edited:

lsylla01

Aug 10, 2004
I believe beggars should be dealt with harshly. It's a parasitic lifestyle for worthless bums.

What about idiots? How should they be delt with?

lsylla01

Aug 10, 2004
Kingofdice believes beggars should be dealt with harshly. It's a parasitic lifestyle for worthless bums.

What about idiots? How should they be delt with? I have plenty of ideas...

Nov 5, 2004
I am sorry kingofdice...but the way you presented the topic was etremely ignorant and rude. :angry: :mad:

You cannot be that knowledgable on the topic either....there is no easy answer in how to deal with this situation. Especialy not the way you proposed. I have more to say on this topic when I get home from work.

But you deffinatly had some awful things to say about it...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
kingofdice said:
There was a futuristic movie in the late 80's, where beggars and bums were rounded up by a Gestapo like force, herded into large trucks, taken to remote areas outside the city and beaten with bats or shot. I kind of liked that movie. Very effective to stop the beggars.

How do you feel about Jews? Did you kind of like what happened there? Same idea.

This is a real sad commentary on the way you think.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
kingofdice

kingofdice

Is this what you really think or are you just trying to get a rise out of everyone on here?

Daydream

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I think the debate could be started all over again. The problem with the Haitian beggars is that it is a business, not people begging on their own. Very poor Haitians and even Haitian children are brought over the border and hired to beg for a third party. See the news of 10 June 2005. http://www.dr1.com

I am going to close this thread. If you all want to give this issue another try, please post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.