animation

May 31, 2005
Hi everyone. I read many posts regarding Dominicans that work in animation. What exactly is animation in a resort?

Nov 5, 2004
The activities/entertainment people at resorts.

They try to get you involved in games, contests and activites during the day. They often do things like teach spanish or dance lessons too.

They do performances every night, either dance shows or plays, comedy acts....

Then if the resort has a disco many of them are supposed to go and get the tourists dancing...etc.

The have long hours of work, and work very hard, and are generaly not highly paid.

They tend to have a repuation as sankies...lol..in case you didn't notice. Which is true some of the time, but not all of the time.

The ones that are sankies just get talked about a lot, and the ones who aren't don't get talked about after the trip is over..so therefore ppl get the idea that ALL animation guys are sankies.

Nov 5, 2004
Dragonfly32837 said:
Thank you PeachezNcream84. That was really helpful.

No prob. Any time.

If I know the answer I will always try to help about... ;)

Have you been to any resorts in the DR before?

I could be wrong (it does happen sometimes)..but I had the impression that you are a Dominicana living in the US?

May 31, 2005
I am Dominican living in Orlando, FL. I go on vacation every year. I usually stay with my grandparents in my hometown of Haina. My friends and I usually hang out in my hometown or go to Santo Domingo, which is a short drive from where we live to go to restaurants, clubs, parties, festivals, and everything else that there is to do. On my last trip which was in April 2005 we went to a resort in Juan Dolio. I forgot the name. We only went for two days. I actually prefer to stay out with family. I go to the beach and pool as day trips. I'm planning another trip for the Festival Presidente de Musica Latina which I hear is going to be in October. They haven't announced the dates yet. My friend from Fort Lauderdale is coming also and she wants to stay at a hotel in Santo Domingo but I would prefer not too. My hometown is so alive that I would feel like if I'm missing out if I stay at a hotel. Plus my friends all live in my hometown and we all like to get together and do something in our town or go out together to go to Najayo beach to drink some presidentes, go to la zona colonial and chill at one of the outdoor cafes, spend the day in Boca Chica drinking presidentes, among others. We like to go to a river at Nizao. My girl cousins and I love to go to Adrian's restaurant on the malecon to eat, drink, talk, and people watch.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Dragonfly32837 you are right, Santo Domingo sucks if you are looking for tranquility. If you don't know your way around the city it becomes uncomfortable and tiresome to wander around since it is a chaotic city in weekdays and people tend to be aggresive and paranoid unlike others from other dominican cities and towns. Better to stay in tourist towns, or beach towns for chilling out.

"Just because i'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me"