public transportation from Sanchez to Las Terrenas?

Kaitlin

Jul 7, 2005
On Friday at around 3:30 pm, I'm taking a bus from Sto Domingo to Sanchez, then hope to catch some sort of public transportation to Las Terrenas. I will travelling by myself out of the city, then meeting up with friends that are already there.

Would catching a concho or guagua be wise so late in the day? Will I have to take a taxi instead? Any other thoughts or ideas?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi, it wouldn?t be too late, are you departing or arriving at 3.30 p.m.?
A motoconcho would be a little too far away to use though??
I?d suggest a taxi, otherwise stay o/n in Sanchez.
Directly on the left side when you arrive to Sanches there is a house that have rooms for rent for about 300 pesos per night, if you don?t want to go the same evening.

Kaitlin

Jul 7, 2005
How much should I expect to pay for a taxi?

carina said:
Hi, it wouldn?t be too late, are you departing or arriving at 3.30 p.m.?
A motoconcho would be a little too far away to use though??
I?d suggest a taxi, otherwise stay o/n in Sanchez.
Directly on the left side when you arrive to Sanches there is a house that have rooms for rent for about 300 pesos per night, if you don?t want to go the same evening.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
sanchez,las terrenas

Kaitlin said:
On Friday at around 3:30 pm, I'm taking a bus from Sto Domingo to Sanchez, then hope to catch some sort of public transportation to Las Terrenas. I will travelling by myself out of the city, then meeting up with friends that are already there.

Would catching a concho or guagua be wise so late in the day? Will I have to take a taxi instead? Any other thoughts or ideas?

why not take bus directly to las terrenas,lot less hassle...one leaves at 830am,another at 140 pm and one at 3pm from bus station for samana.phone number is 6871470.take it all the time...170 pesos
bob

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Kaitlin said:

When you get into Sachez, go to the Texaco station. There are pick-up trucks waiting there for transport to LasTerrenas. I did this trip last March, I beleive it was 5US, a good deal considering the road is long and very curvey, and takes about 45 min.