Puerto Plata to Samana How long?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is a beautiful trip

I do hope you get in early enough to make the entire trip in the daylight.

there are a couple of tricky turns. One in Nagua and one in S?nchez. But it is hard to get lost.

The trip, done at a moderate pace should take you about three hours +/- 30 minutes.

Are you going to Saman? proper or Las Terrenas or Las Galeras.

If either of those is your destination, add another :45 to the trip.

HB :D:D

gagilmer

Jul 12, 2005
thanks for the answer

Early afternoon arrival. Headed to Viva Wyndham Las Terrenas. Anyone familiar with this property? In addition from drive from airport to hotel, want to do some other driving about. Is car acceptable for Samana or should we go the 4X4 option (was planning car since cost is much more for 4X4)?

Loidin

Jul 9, 2005
gagilmer said:
Early afternoon arrival. Headed to Viva Wyndham Las Terrenas. Anyone familiar with this property? In addition from drive from airport to hotel, want to do some other driving about. Is car acceptable for Samana or should we go the 4X4 option (was planning car since cost is much more for 4X4)?
--->4x4 is a must about rental option by that zone!! good tires and brakes...

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Transfer to Saman?

gagilmer said:
Early afternoon arrival. Headed to Viva Wyndham Las Terrenas.

The hotel is a few miles west of LT on a mud road including a few steep spots. A car would not do if the road is wet.
Latest departure at POP should be at 3 p.m. in order to arrive in daylight.

m'frog
near LT

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
i haven't been there in a few weeks, but the Viva Samana was having the road that leads to it paved. (they had graded the dirt road last time I was there--4 weeks or so)

definitely go the SUV route, though.

Nice place once you finally get to it.

tim