Brugal/Presidente/Juices ?

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
What is the current cost of the 1.75 L of Brugal Light and Dark Rum in Pesos?

Also what is the cost of the biggest pack of Presidente I can buy at once or purchase in bulk(Looking to buy 3-4 twelve packs of Presidente?

Also what are the tastiest jucies (Beverages not women Sickos!) found in Cabarete/Sosua and thier prices? Looking for Pear, Mango and Guava in particular...I think by Del Monte or one of thier Latin/Dominican Subsidiary companies...?

I am asking this in advance because someone is stocking my fridge for me before I arrive. Thanks!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I guess it depends to some degree where you buy. I buy Brugal Anejo Extra Viejo and in Oct 2004 in Punta Cana at a Supermercado it was $402RD pesos. In April 2005 at SuperSuper in Sosua it was around $375RD pesos.

Gregg

May 31, 2005
R.Dennis said:
What is the current cost of the 1.75 L of Brugal Light and Dark Rum in Pesos?

Also what is the cost of the biggest pack of Presidente I can buy at once or purchase in bulk(Looking to buy 3-4 twelve packs of Presidente?

Also what are the tastiest jucies (Beverages not women Sickos!) found in Cabarete/Sosua and thier prices? Looking for Pear, Mango and Guava in particular...I think by Del Monte or one of thier Latin/Dominican Subsidiary companies...?

I am asking this in advance because someone is stocking my fridge for me before I arrive. Thanks!
Are you having a party or do you just want to have a fridge full of Presidentes? If you want to have a fridge full of Presidentes, I really can't blame you. ;)

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Was it for...?

FireGuy said:
I guess it depends to some degree where you buy. I buy Brugal Anejo Extra Viejo and in Oct 2004 in Punta Cana at a Supermercado it was $402RD pesos. In April 2005 at SuperSuper in Sosua it was around $375RD pesos.

Gregg

And that was for the 1.75 L?

Can you give me some insight on buying Presidente in Bulk and the cost?

Thanks.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Yeah Something Like That...

Dragonfly32837 said:
Are you having a party or do you just want to have a fridge full of Presidentes? If you want to have a fridge full of Presidentes, I really can't blame you. ;)

Haha... Just s small gathering of friends from Santiago and La Vega and I want to be accomodating for the ladies that are coming by...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
R.Dennis said:
And that was for the 1.75 L?

Can you give me some insight on buying Presidente in Bulk and the cost?

Thanks.
1.75L. is all i bring back to Canada (4 or 6 at a time). Sorry I only drink beer as a refresher; so I pay bar prices.

Gregg

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Presidente...

FireGuy said:
1.75L. is all i bring back to Canada (4 or 6 at a time). Sorry I only drink beer as a refresher; so I pay bar prices.

Gregg

Cool Thanks Greg! Anyone want to chime in on The Presidente cost? Come on Dr1ers as much as everyone talks about Presidente now everyone is quiet???

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can buy a case (24) of regular size Presidente for 600RD at the Penny store in Sosua. You have to have an empty case for this.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Best Juices in Cabarete

Are sold at Sandros which is a dominican restaurant, right on the corner of the entrance to Hotel Tropical Casa Laguna.

They have Pina and Chinola juices ... fresh!!! You could probably talk to Sandro about buying a large container, maybe a two litre bottle - I have done it before but can't remember how much it cost. Stop by a few days before to let him know when you want it, find out how much and PAY UPFRONT!!

Stay well,
Amy

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004

SKY said:
You can buy a case (24) of regular size Presidente for 600RD at the Penny store in Sosua. You have to have an empty case for this.

How much does it cost without the empty case?

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Juices...

amy2761 said:
Are sold at Sandros which is a dominican restaurant, right on the corner of the entrance to Hotel Tropical Casa Laguna.

They have Pina and Chinola juices ... fresh!!! You could probably talk to Sandro about buying a large container, maybe a two litre bottle - I have done it before but can't remember how much it cost. Stop by a few days before to let him know when you want it, find out how much and PAY UPFRONT!!

Stay well,
Amy

What's the cost of a 1/2 gallon of Pear, Mango, Guava, Pina and Chinola juices? I know these question are getting crazy but I'm soo anxious about my return this Friday and I'm getting quite antsy! :nervous:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
R.Dennis said:
What's the cost of a 1/2 gallon of Pear, Mango, Guava, Pina and Chinola juices? I know these question are getting crazy but I'm soo anxious about my return this Friday and I'm getting quite antsy! :nervous:

Like I said - can't remember, but seriously, a few gallons of juice aren't going to break the bank. ;) Maybe someone else will be a bit more up-to-date on the prices.

Stay well,
Amy

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
The Reason...

amy2761 said:
Like I said - can't remember, but seriously, a few gallons of juice aren't going to break the bank. ;) Maybe someone else will be a bit more up-to-date on the prices.

Stay well,
Amy

The thing is the lady who is going to the store for me probably is going to a general store and I want all of this in my fridge when I arrive so that's why I want to know the super-market price for the juices instead of goign to restaurant and asking him for some juice...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have an even better idea, bring a keg of beer from home. I am sure you can borrow a tap from an all inclusive.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
R.Dennis said:
The thing is the lady who is going to the store for me probably is going to a general store and I want all of this in my fridge when I arrive so that's why I want to know the super-market price for the juices instead of goign to restaurant and asking him for some juice...

K, well, I still can't help you as I don't but supermarket juice, only fresh .... I know Coastal inbetween Cab and Sos has fresh orange juice (don't know the price). *shouting* "PLEASE, SOMEONE WITH A GROCERY RECEIPT!! TELL US THE PRICE OF JUUUUICE!!!" *Done shouting* :)

Stay well,
Amy

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why not go to a farm at night and acquire some fresh fruit, and just squeeze it yourself.

I read about a "mini finca" somewhere between Cabarete and Sosua on a blog on DR1! He will never miss a few fruits!