How safe is in D.R. these days?

A

Ady

How safe is D.R. these days?We see on the NEWS, students protesting and police on the street, 25,000 police, is just normal or what?We have book for next week oct16 at Metro Marina in Juan Dolio, and we are concerned.Thanks for any reply. Ady

C

C. Stering

Ady,

Don't you be worryn "Mon", Be happy, Have the Big Holiday to be Remembern' . . .

. . . CES

L

Laura

Re: yes go and be 1 of the 300

Go and have a great time if you don't get guned down by the police. There was over 300 shooting deats by the police last year. It must be safe they kill anyone that is close to a crime. So there should not be any criminals on the streets. Hey and you may get lucky and get shagged by the local police there. SO ARE YOU SAFE THERE? Well as safe as anywhere in this great world.

C

C. Stering

Re: yes go and have a good time!

Hi Laura,

What a "Mickey Mouse" thing to say, exactly when was the last time you were in the Dominican Republic, and what did you do, that gives you this keen insight? . . . .

. . . CES

P

P.T.

Re: yes go and have a good time! (for sure)

Laura, I sense that Mickey Mouse is really Chicken Little. You will visiting a fine resort area. You will be safe.

Regards, PJT

A

American Male

Re: yes go and have a good time!

I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT IT IS SHE SAID?

R

Rum runner

I just got back from Boca Chica. If you just want to party and have a good time,,,,then there will be no problem. The police are out in force at all resorts. If you are really parnoid then get a police wistle. A real loud one. All crooks hate noise. Actually majority of DR people are gentle and non violent. In Boca Chica you can walk the streets at all hours without a problem (I did).

J

Janette

I am the unofficial mayor of Juan Dolio. You have nothing to fear, and I hope you enjoy your holiday in my commmunity.

M

martin

Ady, You wont have any problem in Juan Dolio at all. I travel to the DR 6 or 7 times a month, and was in Juan Dolio last week and never have a problem. In fact I was in Jual Dolio looking at an apartment to buy, its a great town with very friendly poeple and great resorts. Please don't be worried at all.....have a presidente beer for me!

C

C. Stering

Re: yes go and have a good time!(To A. M.)

A. M.,

"AND if you DO..!!!"- - - That's also a line from a Nam movie from about the time of "Apocalypse Now". . .

Regards . . . CES

L

Laura

Re: How safe is in D.R. unofficial mayor

What now the average person is mayor. Anyone that says they are a unoffical mayor what the hell does that stand for? Any thing like unofficial President of the USA> What the hell is this? I would like to know who is the unofficial asshole?

T

thomas

Re: How safe is in D.R. unofficial mayor

YOU ARE, OF COURSE (ask a stupid question...)

A

Alyssa

I lived in the DR for a year and a half in 4 different cities (including Santiago) and didn't have any problems. In fact, I was more worried to come home to the US where I feel very unsafe.

N

Natasha

What's the deal, Laura, John, whatever

Laura or John (you post in Bravenet as John right?) Make a decision, is it Laura or John? Just curious as to why you keep using different names...

Natasha

A

Ady

Thank you all ,

Thank you all for the input, We fill much better now, away to a great vacation!!! Ady

C

C. Stering

Re: What's the deal, Laura, John, whatever

Is it possible that we have one person with two different personalities here? I think there is a medical term for this behavior: 'Dork'. . .

. . . CE

L

Laura

Well if you must know it is Laura and John. You should see the diffrence in the postings. We like to come here and he likes it there. So does this help? Have a nice day all. LAURA!!!!!!!

B

batchata

,MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A HORSEBACK RIDING RANCH IN JUAN DOLIO. IM AMERICAN HE'S DOMINICAN. IVE BEEN GOING TO D.R. JUAN DOLIO MOSTLY BUT WEVE TRAVELED EXTENSIVELY. I FEEL SAFER THERE THAN HERE IN BOSTON. JUST CAME BACK TO BOSTON 10/15/99. GOING BACK 12/12/99, ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE LIVE THIS CRAZY LIFESTYLE?