Distance from Santiago Airport to beach

coofie

Aug 18, 2005
Hi, all.

I have to fly into Santiago Airport in September to attend a wedding.

How close in driving distance is the closest beach, and can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place to stay ON the beach?

Thanks!!!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
coofie said:
Hi, all.

I have to fly into Santiago Airport in September to attend a wedding.

How close in driving distance is the closest beach, and can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place to stay ON the beach?

Thanks!!!
Costambar/Cofressi are probably closest tourist beaches. 30-40 min. ride.
If single, try Blackbeard's Adult Resort in Costambar. Near the beach, but you'll think you're in the Garden of Eden.

coofie

Aug 18, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Costambar/Cofressi are probably closest tourist beaches. 30-40 min. ride.
If single, try Blackbeard's Adult Resort in Costambar. Near the beach, but you'll think you're in the Garden of Eden.

Am not single, but am traveling from NY w/o my husband. Does that make a difference?

: )

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
coofie said:
Am not single, but am traveling from NY w/o my husband. Does that make a difference?

Not a bit. Blackbeard's has a catalog of independant contractors of all genders and orientations. Whatever floats your boat.

coofie

Aug 18, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
Search the threads for info on hotels in the north coast or check this Hotel Link http://www.dr1.com/directories/

Blackbeards is a Hooker hangout, don't stay there!

Thanks, just noticed that when I tried to get on their website from work (was locked out due to content!). Am young AND faithful to my husband. I'd like to attend the wedding and enjoy the sun, ocean and local booze!

Husband and I stayed in Costambar - a gated community with many ex-pats wintering there in homes they own just west of Puerto Plata - this Feb. Rented a 2 bedroom condo for only $500 a week! Stones throw from a nice, QUIET beach (make sure to give the guy you rent chairs from on the beach a nice tip....very nice young man!!). If you are looking for excitement, this is not really the place. If you are looking for inexpensive yet nice and quiet with great food, this is GREAT! We had fantastic meals everywhere we ate (tiny little restaurants all over!) - Buddies, Solo Mio, also the restaurant right on that beach, to name a few. And yes, Blackbeards IS basically a brothel, but seemed nice and clean, etc in the bar/restaurant area (we just HAD to go in for a "look"!). Here is the website for the place we rented: www.tedriskin.com/DR only problem was it was somewhat noisy and the water was not always hot for showers, but it was a very nice condo close to the beach.