Investing in dominican banks

cfh99nyc

Aug 23, 2005
Hi, this is my first time posting in this forum. Im planning on going back to DR for the first time since I was kid this December and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to which bank to invest in. A few of my friends have referred Banco Popular because it yields high interest on Cd's ect... Would anyone know what documents are needed to open a Dominican bank account as well as a way to transfer money there from the US. I hear there is a way to deposit money in Dominican Banks through credit cards but it can cause some IRS problems in the U.S. as far as paying income taxes on withdraws. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Escott said:
You aint gonna get Jack at Popular these days. Check out Anoeca. I am going there tomorrow to bring them some money.
anyone know the equivalent of Anoeca in Santo Domingo?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
pacito said:
anyone know the equivalent of Anoeca in Santo Domingo?
He delivers to S.d. and can deposit interest in any bank that has an office in Puerto Plata such as Popular, Scotia and BHD. I know this because I caught a ride to S.D. once when he saw a client in Boca Chica.

Escott

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
What exactly is Anoeca?

I tried clicking on the link but it said page could not be found. Is Anoeca a private bank? What type of investments do you recommend?

As always, thanks for the great information in these posts.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Marcus said:
I tried clicking on the link but it said page could not be found. Is Anoeca a private bank? What type of investments do you recommend?

Anoeca website is changing hosting, will be up very soon and running again!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Marcus said:

He does one year CD's that can be called with 30 days notice or rolled over after 12 months. You can get interest monthly or compound it. I try to compound my money because it is a big difference and the next month the income is higher. It breaks my heart when I have to spend my money there!

Alberto's cell number is 809-697-0760 and speaking with him is better than a website anyway. His English is better than mine! Shut up ROBERT and don't even think Aboutit!!!

Anoeca is a finance house that gives out mortgages at high interest on a short term basis and does other real estate projects.

Escott

PS>I have been doing business there for over 5 years and love the relationship I have had there! Hope that helps.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Now www.anoeca.org is up an running again on the new server.
It will give you some information about the investment opportunities.
For details, call Alberto.

Porfirio

Aug 30, 2005
porfirio

rellosk said:
Here are some recent threads that should answer some of your questions. You can use the search option to find more related links.

save your money & peace of mind. Dominican Banks are untrusworthy, ala, Baninter, Bancredito and banco mercantile. All went belly up, and there are over 200 depositors involved in lawsuits against Bancredito, banco Leon and the Banco Central. The Dominican Banks go out of business as if it were ?business as usual?. The primary offender is Baez Figueroa former owner of Baninter, who managed to corrupt the entire Dominican Government. While he has been charged, but walks freely around acting like a hero. His culpability in the failure of Baninter is the biggest assault on the economy this Country has ever tolerated. Former President Hippolito, was up to his fat neck involved in Baninter?s failure, and Hippolito is up to his fat neck with his involvement with Pepe Goico, his former ?security chief?. Goico is already an international criminal and is being sought by Interpol. Goico now hides out in Spain and with Dominican Laws, he probably will never be deported from Spain. Why ?? if a trial ever took place his former boss Hippolito would be chargeable as well, so keep your money in the US, and visit the DR as a tourist. You can open a checking account just to do some shopping, and deposit your US dollars with a check from your US Bank. Porfirio