Making my 2nd Trip this year!

kemaris

Jan 3, 2005
Ok ... I admit it ... I'm hooked!

I visited DR for the first time for 2 weeks in January. (1 week in POP, and 1 week in SD) It's the best place ever! Dominican's are some of the friendliest and nicest I've ever met. (And I've traveled through most of Latin America!)

I'm returning in November ... the week after Thanksgiving ... with 2 friends. We are all single latina women (28-29ish)

I loved POP and considered doing that again, but does anyone have suggestions on where else we might go?

We want some sun, beach, and a young, fun local scene. Something with a night life! The AI's are great, but we didn't spend much time there last time. Day trips, back to shower and eat, then out to dance, dance, dance!! ;)

Is there Beisbol in late November?

Gracias!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
kemaris said:
Is there Beisbol in late November?
Yes, there's Beisbol in November in the DR. Mostly on the South-East, in and around Santo Domingo.

According to the DR1 event calandar:
Oct, 21-Dec, 30/05 Dominican Professional Winter Baseball Championship
The regular season will take place from 21 October through 30 December. The semifinals in January. The playoffs are in the last two weeks of January into the first week of February. Teams: Aguilas del Cibao, Tigres del Licey, Leones del Escogido, Azucareros de La Romana, Estrellas Orientales, and Gigantes del Cibao. Action at stadiums in Santo Domingo, San Pedro de Macoris, La Romana, San Francisco de Macoris and Santiago.
Unfortunately Santo Domingo does not have a beach, but it does have a great night life. The closest beaches to Santo Domingo would be Boca Chica (probably too sleazy for single women) and Juan Dolio. You may also want to try La Romana.

kemaris

Jan 3, 2005
Thanks for the responses!

I think we'll do a split trip. POP/Cabrete, then Santo Domingo again!

Is there a lot of young people (local or tourists) in La Romana?

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
kemaris said:
Thanks for the responses!
I think we'll do a split trip. POP/Cabrete, then Santo Domingo again!
Is there a lot of young people (local or tourists) in La Romana?

There's lot's of young people, but not much fun for young people in the town of La Romana. Slightly better in Bayahibe... several resorts there and some night life.

Cabarete/Sosua will be more fun.