Best Place To Chill on Sundays

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Hey everyone~

Has anyone been to Loase Retreat in Costambar? I finally made the trek out there last Sunday to visit one of the owners and fell in love with the place.

It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere and is absolutely beautiful. The girls who work there are absolute sweethearts and gorgeous too, might I add. Maybe that will be an incentive for some of you guys to visit!

On Sundays, karoake starts by the pool at 12. Nothing like watching a bunch of people making idiots of themselves after a cuba libre or two. The pool is not huge but the water is warm and the scenery and surroundings are to die for.

A couple of my friends and I are going to try to make it a weekly thing on Sunday afternoons so if anyone is interested in going, send me a PM.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
sunshine_79 said:
Hey everyone~

Has anyone been to Loase Retreat in Costambar? I finally made the trek out there last Sunday to visit one of the owners and fell in love with the place.

It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere and is absolutely beautiful. The girls who work there are absolute sweethearts and gorgeous too, might I add. Maybe that will be an incentive for some of you guys to visit!

On Sundays, karoake starts by the pool at 12. Nothing like watching a bunch of people making idiots of themselves after a cuba libre or two. The pool is not huge but the water is warm and the scenery and surroundings are to die for.

A couple of my friends and I are going to try to make it a weekly thing on Sunday afternoons so if anyone is interested in going, send me a PM.

can you tell us where is costambar?Loase retreat?
is this a ranch? hotel? restaurant?
entry fee?

excuse my ignorance for asking these questions.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
THE GAME said:
can you tell us where is costambar?Loase retreat?
is this a ranch? hotel? restaurant?
entry fee?

excuse my ignorance for asking these questions.

No problem. Costambar is a gated community in Puerto Plata. It's a really nice area and is a lot cleaner than the rest of the city. There are a lot of expats who live there but a lot of affluent locals as well. Nice place.

Costambar has a lot of restaraunts, bars, shops, etc and a gorgeous beach. I don't even go to Playa Dorado anymore because I think Costambar is so much nicer. The beach there never seems as crowded as PD, either.

I think that Joseph, who is a part owner, in Loase has a website. Try www.loase.com.

There isn't any kind of entry fee for either Loase or to get into Costambar. There are security guards at Costambar's main gate but they always let people pass through. That's not really a problem though because the community doesn't seem to attract a lot of the lowlifes that are in abundance in POP, probably because it is quite a bit away from the city. It's about a 10 minute ride from downtown POP.

Loase is a restaraunt/bar but I believe they also rent out the entire place to different groups from time to time. Joesph said they had a group of nudists come awhile back!

The drinks are pretty reasonable as well. I don't drink Presidente anymore because it was making me fat so I don't know how much they are but the cuba/santa libres are 45 or 50 pesos, the sodas are 30, etc. Not cheap but not expensive either.

Sorry to ramble, hope this helps.

Do you live here?

Sunnie

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
sunshine_79 said:
No problem. Costambar is a gated community in Puerto Plata. It's a really nice area and is a lot cleaner than the rest of the city. There are a lot of expats who live there but a lot of affluent locals as well. Nice place.

Costambar has a lot of restaraunts, bars, shops, etc and a gorgeous beach. I don't even go to Playa Dorado anymore because I think Costambar is so much nicer. The beach there never seems as crowded as PD, either.

I think that Joseph, who is a part owner, in Loase has a website. Try www.loase.com.

There isn't any kind of entry fee for either Loase or to get into Costambar. There are security guards at Costambar's main gate but they always let people pass through. That's not really a problem though because the community doesn't seem to attract a lot of the lowlifes that are in abundance in POP, probably because it is quite a bit away from the city. It's about a 10 minute ride from downtown POP.

Loase is a restaraunt/bar but I believe they also rent out the entire place to different groups from time to time. Joesph said they had a group of nudists come awhile back!

The drinks are pretty reasonable as well. I don't drink Presidente anymore because it was making me fat so I don't know how much they are but the cuba/santa libres are 45 or 50 pesos, the sodas are 30, etc. Not cheap but not expensive either.

Sorry to ramble, hope this helps.

Do you live here?

Sunnie

thnx so much for detailed explanation of costambar.
so costambar is like sea horse? i have seen links of that
gated community in dr1.

i'm sort of familiar with pop, sosua, santiago (i drive
more around santiago).

if one is driving towards pop, goes beyong pop,
how would we identify the entrance to costambar?

i travel often to cibao (santiago, pop, sosua) to vacation.
i live in ny, am 30 and travel to sti airport.

how about you? i know you live there in dr but where originally from?