Perhaps these young men could help someone

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Does anyone know of any kind of work that two young Dominican men could apply for in the Santiago area. They have been taking care of a accident victim, my son who will be coming back to the states soon, with excellent care. They are easy to get along with and come from hardworking families. One is studying English every week and is doing well. They are physically very strong and want any kind of work to help themselves and their parents. I would appreciate any ideas for even part time work. They formerly cut wood when the government allowed but now there seems to be little work. They have looked but I thought perhaps some of you might know where in the area they might look. They both seem to be athletic. They both want to work.
I would reallylike to help them find work.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Even with subtly different topics you don't have to cross post this in multiple forums.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen!

Teacher said:
Does anyone know of any kind of work that two young Dominican men could apply for in the Santiago area. They have been taking care of a accident victim, my son who will be coming back to the states soon, with excellent care. They are easy to get along with and come from hardworking families. One is studying English every week and is doing well. They are physically very strong and want any kind of work to help themselves and their parents. I would appreciate any ideas for even part time work. They formerly cut wood when the government allowed but now there seems to be little work. They have looked but I thought perhaps some of you might know where in the area they might look. They both seem to be athletic. They both want to work.
I would reallylike to help them find work.
Why don't you PM AZB and other Santiago members?. Maybe they know someone who can help. PM them or start a thread asking who here lives in Santiago and then take it from there. You have nothing to lose.

Good luck!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Don't want to get your hopes down but regular employment for young men like yours is extremely scarce nowadays. Not too long ago a couple of distant relatives (healthy young men in their early twenties) arrived at my door from San Juan de la Maguana. They needed jobs in the city. I suggested they walk over and apply at El Nacional Supermarket in Bella Vista Mall, one block away from my penthouse apartment. After filling out the forms, submitting the required 'buena conducta' certificate, copy of 'c?dula', three photographs, and the customary interview with the personnel manager, they were hired to help customers fill their grocery bags and cart them away to their automobiles in the parking lot. They did not receive a regular salary, and payment consisted only of tips provided by grateful customers. After three months they were fired, because otherwise they would have to be considered legal employees with all accrued rights entitled to them.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Mirador said:
Don't want to get your hopes down but regular employment for young men like yours is extremely scarce nowadays. Not too long ago a couple of distant relatives (healthy young men in their early twenties) arrived at my door from San Juan de la Maguana. They needed jobs in the city. I suggested they walk over and apply at El Nacional Supermarket in Bella Vista Mall, one block away from my penthouse apartment. After filling out the forms, submitting the required 'buena conducta' certificate, copy of 'c?dula', three photographs, and the customary interview with the personnel manager, they were hired to help customers fill their grocery bags and cart them away to their automobiles in the parking lot. They did not receive a regular salary, and payment consisted only of tips provided by grateful customers. After three months they were fired, because otherwise they would have to be considered legal employees with all accrued rights entitled to them.

I was afraid of this. This is so sad. They want to work, they can work, they can take care of the sick,etc and they are strong. I will keep trying for them.