gaz prices

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
I heard today on the radio that airlines will raise the price of flights and all inclusive, beginning on October 1st, due to the price of gaz. Tickets will cost up to 200$CAN more than usual. They said if you are planning a trip in December, for instance, book it before October 1st. I am not quite surprised, but just to let you people know!
Mel

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Your source is what? $200 a ticket sounds unlikely by about $170 a ticket since the norm seems to be in the $30 range.

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
source

Heard it yesterday on canadian radio Energie 94,3 FM. They said it during the news, from a reliable source. Like if an all inclusive trip to Cuba on October 24th is now 1100$, past October 1st, the price is going to raise up to 1300$.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
The Globe and Mail says today Transat which is a big charter company is talking about maybe $75 a trip for fuel surcharges.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
The Globe and Mail says today Transat which is a big charter company is talking about maybe $75 a trip for fuel surcharges.
$75CD is still a hefty surcharge. Is that for a Toronto-Santo Domingo trip?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
All of them or most of them I presume (DR, Cuba, Caribbean etc.) . On a package in the CAD$1500 to $2000 range I doubt it will be the make or break amount, but it still is $75.

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Transat

I went at the travel agency "Vacances Transat" today and the travel agent told me himself that there would be a raise of the prices ranging from 150$ to 200$ on the flights and all inclusive starting on October 1st. All this because of the gaz, pf course.
So it confirms the information I heard previously on the radio.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
purefolie said:
I heard today on the radio that airlines will raise the price of flights and all inclusive, beginning on October 1st, due to the price of gaz. Tickets will cost up to 200$CAN more than usual. They said if you are planning a trip in December, for instance, book it before October 1st. I am not quite surprised, but just to let you people know!
Mel

so is this rumor still true?? im going nov -jan and wondering if i should buy ticket b4 oct 1st. jfk-sdq is at 428. now. is this only in canada or AA too?