Local Music

Rafi

Sep 15, 2005
I recently enjoyed a great time in the DR. The music was fun, and I always seemed to hear the same song being played, over and over, especially on the beaches. We had a great time listening to it, as the local people played it on their stereo boxes. It sounded very unique, but like a modern dance, or pop, song. It sounded like the artist sampled one of the muppet voices from the 'muppet show' and the distorted voice went something like this: mee ma meee me me, shaka rump.....over and over again. anyone know this song title??? any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks! D.R. ROCKS!!!!! :laugh:

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
Rafi said:
I recently enjoyed a great time in the DR. The music was fun, and I always seemed to hear the same song being played, over and over, especially on the beaches. We had a great time listening to it, as the local people played it on their stereo boxes. It sounded very unique, but like a modern dance, or pop, song. It sounded like the artist sampled one of the muppet voices from the 'muppet show' and the distorted voice went something like this: mee ma meee me me, shaka rump.....over and over again. anyone know this song title??? any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks! D.R. ROCKS!!!!! :laugh:

;) You'd be referring to Chacarron Macarron by El Mudo!! It eventually grows on you after you've heard it 50 times in one week.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That song has absolutely no redeeming qualities.
I play it when I want people to leave my house fast!
It makes Gasolina sound like Beethoven.

Rafi:

PM me if you want the MP3 to scare your neighbors!

T

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
The song is El Mudo (= the mute one) by DJ Jhoe, you can find it on the dominican pirate cd 'Perreo con Dinamita'.
They also released a 'junior' version, sung (or mumbled) by kids.
Bartolomeo