Cost per kilowatt hour ?

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
I know that I have seen the answer to this question many times in many places but am in need of it now. Have a good friend who is an expert in small hydo generating plants visiting to evaluate a site I am delveloping " off the grid " and I can not find the number in any notes I have on hand.

Spent the day hiking to the various water sources available above the property and me body is tired.

Will see my friend tomorrow, if he survives the night life and would like to see his numbers with the kw cost factored in.

Before someone ask me to look on my electric bill, I do not pay the bill for my house. It is covered by the family that gave my the house. I will not be able to research that source until Monday.

kFrancisco

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I pay RD$ 7.05 per KWH, that includes ITBS and whatever other tax.
Min. cosumption is 150 KWH's per month.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a kilowatt hour that costs thousands of pesos

Yes there is!!!!:p:p:p

When you go from 699 to 700 kwh, that one kilowatt jumps your bill by over 100%...

We are talking most middle class houses with normal appliances: Fridge, washer, couple of TVs a computer, iron and lights = .21+? an kwh... It is costly, for sure.

Even at that rate, we figure it would take at least 5-7 years to pay off a solar installation for the same wattage....wonder if it is worth it...????

HB :D:D

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
This summer in Tampa has been almost exactly the same weather as Santiago where my wife and I plan to move in a couple of years. Our usage has averaged 3600 kwh per month for 2700 sq feet, not counting propane for hot water. Guess we will have to get used to being warmer indoors when we move.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try this

3600 x .21 x 31 = RD$23,436 or a quarter of a million per year here!!--Do you pay $700 per month in Tampa?

Not many people here could pay this, that is for sure....

HB :ermm:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try and list your appliances

And their energy consumption...if it is 3600 kwh, perhaps you can live without central a/c??

HB:D:D:D

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
It has been a long, hot and very humid summer. However, December-March our usage drops to 1300. Before the current energy crunch the Public Service Commission approved an 11% increase for Jan 1. We are scared that the power companies will now certainly go back for more.