Real Domincans...

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
I have read many post here of people offer their opinions based on their experiences in the DR.

While some (if not most) value and with good reason, their advice;

I would like to know who the real Domincans are?

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Provide definition

Zorian1 said:
I have read many post here of people offer their opinions based on their experiences in the DR.

While some (if not most) value and with good reason, their advice;

I would like to know who the real Domincans are?
For you to get a proper answer, you'll need to provide a definition of 'who is a real Dominican' ... you don't want 'fake' Dominicans responding.

BTW, can the 'fake' Dominicans identify themselves. :)

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
good point

shadInToronto said:
For you to get a proper answer, you'll need to provide a definition of 'who is a real Dominican' ... you don't want 'fake' Dominicans responding.

BTW, can the 'fake' Dominicans identify themselves. :)[/QUOTE

Dominican by birth.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
QUOTE=Zorian1

Dominican by birth.

Yes people born in the DR are real Dominicans. ;) I don't think we understand exactly what you are getting at.

Do you mean members on this board or do you mean what some silly posters refer to as "real Dominicans" ?

If it's about the silly posters don't worry about it.

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Yes people born in the DR are real Dominicans. ;) I don't think we understand exactly what you are getting at.

Do you mean members on this board or do you mean what some silly posters refer to as "real Dominicans" ?

If it's about the silly posters don't worry about it.

I am referring to the members of this board that are by birth / heritage Dominican. I read some place here that only about 10% of the board population is acutally Dominican... I want to know who they are.

May 31, 2005
Also keep in mind that many of the board members here even though they are not Dominican by birth, consider themselves Dominican by heart and by living there day in and day out.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Off the top of my head, some of the more active members of DR1 who are really Dominican: Dolores, Pib, Miguel, mondongo, suarezn, arturo, carlos, MrMark, Nals, 2dlight, Tordok, Linamia, simpson homer, Mirador and many more. It is true that they are outnumbered by non-Dominicans, although Hillbilly at least should have earned his stripes by now. ;)

This is not meant to be a full list by any means, so no apologies to those I left out. Just the first few who came to mind when I read the thread.

Note: not all live in the DR.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Zorian1 said:
I am referring to the members of this board that are by birth / heritage Dominican. I read some place here that only about 10% of the board population is acutally Dominican... I want to know who they are.

Well it's up to the members to reveal themselves but yes a large majority of us on this board were NOT born in the Dominican Republic.

Some are living there, some have married Dominicans, some have vacationed there for years, some have Dominican parents but were born elsewhere, some have one Dominican parent.

Hope this helps

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
Well it's up to the members to reveal themselves but yes a large majority of us on this board were NOT born in the Dominican Republic.

Some are living there, some have married Dominicans, some have vacationed there for years, some have Dominican parents but were born elsewhere, some have one Dominican parent.

Hope this helps

You've been a big help and its greatly appreciated. ;)

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I'm a real Dominican......I guess

From the city that used to be: San Pedro de Macoris

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Me, me, me, me, me me!!!

I was born in Villa Duarte, Santo Domingo.

Relocated to the US in 1974. Lived in Brooklyn, NY for over 24 years.

Relocated to Pennsylvania a few years back.

Althought very much americanized, half of my heart belongs to the DR, the other half belongs to the greatest nation in the world, the Good Old US of A since I have lived here 32 of my 43 years.

Mari217

Sep 2, 2005
Real Dominicans...

Born in D.R., raised in NY city. Relocated to Orlando, FL one year ago.
Prefer my arroz, habichuelas y carne, over any other food......
:)

The Baduss

Aug 22, 2005
Well I thought you were refering to people when they say get out of the tourist areas to see "real" dominicans.

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
The Baduss said:
Well I thought you were refering to people when they say get out of the tourist areas to see "real" dominicans.

Not a problem... I see your point and its very valid. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
BTW Zorion welcome to Dr1.

Tell us where you are from and whether you are a real Dominican or not. ;)

Zorian1

Aug 21, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
BTW Zorion welcome to Dr1.

Tell us where you are from and whether you are a real Dominican or not. ;)

Thank you Anna,

A little background music please...

the id is Zorian1... Zorian = Latin for happy and the number 1 to denote "happy one"

No, I am not Dominican, not even a real Dominican.
I am from North Carolina, born and raised.
I simply wanted to establish a friendly relationship with those who are.
Mission accomplished. :rambo:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Cool beans

Welcome to DR1, Zorian1 from a "Real Dominican" whatever that means......born in Gazcue in the Capital, raised between NYC, Jersey and Miami, high school in Sto Dgo and lived in too many places for a 23 year old to have lived in by now :nervous: thanks to my parents and the US Air Force.

Jon S.
All the way from Virginia

P.S: Remember to swing, then duck when you post haha