Sto Dgo to Barvaro Area

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
A friend of mine and his wife are flying for free into SDQ on the 16th of January. They are staying at the Iberostar Bavaro.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive taxi service (other than Silva) that would be able to pick them up at the airport, drive them to Bavaro, then return them to SDQ airport a week later. My friend doesn't speak Spanish and has never been to the DR before.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
MotorCity Mike,

R.S. is the only "on call" taxi service I am aware of marketing to the tourist trade. His rates are basically about the same as the rates as the tourist taxis stationed at the airport(s). The rate from SDQ to Bavaro would be about US$ 135 one-way for up to 5 people. The rates are posted at the taxi stand to left of the doors as one exits the arrival terminal.

I would suggest for the sake of convenience and comfort level your friend should take one of the tourist taxi's direct from the airport. Make sure the taxi appears to be in good condition and the driver knows the destination. He should have the driver quote the rate to him, write it down, show it to the driver so there will be no dispute at the end of the drive. The reverse is true on the Bavaro side, there are two taxi companies, Siutratural and Beron Taxi, one or the other will be available nearby the resort for service to SDQ.

There is bus service available but one would have to be familiar with the local logistics to take advantage of it. I would not recommend it for a first timer.

Regards,
PJT

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Thanks PJT,

The more I think about it, the more I agree that they should take a reliable service. Neither of them speak Spanish and aren't into the "negotiating game".

I did a bus trip from Punta Cana to Sousa via Sto Dgo last year and it was a LONG trip.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
MotorCity Mike said:
Thanks PJT,

The more I think about it, the more I agree that they should take a reliable service. Neither of them speak Spanish and aren't into the "negotiating game".

I did a bus trip from Punta Cana to Sousa via Sto Dgo last year and it was a LONG trip.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike

It's a long trip whichever way you decide to go. Have you checked out flying to Punta Cana? It would make it much shorter... search this site for more information on flights if you're interested.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I doubt you will get it for less with anyone reputable or reliable. I've done this trip so I would not want to be with an inexperienced driver...I got it for $100 as pre arranged by a friend down there. I have used Silva Taxi too many times and they provide an excellent service....or there is the express bus from SDQ to Bavaro...close to 4 hours, but they would have to go from Las Americas to Maximo Gomez by taxi and then a short taxi ride from the bus station in Bavaro to Iberostar...not worth the time in my opinion.