Azzuro question

-Joker-

Oct 21, 2005
Oye q ondas dominicano/as and tourist people,

I'm heading down to DR , Cabarete , Azzuro resort in a couple of months for new years with some people from college for a graduating trip. The place looks like paradise(not lookin for some over the top comfort anyways), and a place to wild out and i dont even gotta tell u cuz u alrdy know about the hotness of dominican babygirls and american/canadian ladies at these resorts....so theres no doubt ill be havin fun.

Never been to DR ,and travelling in general in a long while so i went to check how is it online a bit. After readin more than a couple of bad reviews of the place about thieves and ongoing stealing from the room tho, I was just wondering will my stuff (rolex, camera and other bling bling:) be safe in my room there? Any experiences or advices from people that stayed there? Is it that bad? I dont wanna rent a safe thats just not me, i can keep an eye on my stuff but if people will be roamin unsupervised thru the room when im not there than we got a problem. I know how it is where im from (bad) so i'd just like to know more about this prob and if it is a prob at all at azzuro.
man... i dont even know how will i react if i get something stolen but it wont be pretty.
thx

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Azzuro

First, don't bring a Rolex. You can rent a safe in the room for $20.00 USD a week. The reviews are right, but we have been there 6 or 7 times. The staff does not steal from you. I have been in a hurry and left money on the counter and nobody bothered it. It's too hard to get a jpb here, they don't screw up. Give the maid $5.00 when you get there and leave her $10.00-$20.00 when you leave. She will take care of you. The food is ok at best, but it sounds like your coming to drink , so you'll be ok. Stay away from Jose O'shaey"s. Cost't too much. Beer in town costs about 70 peso's. Have a good time.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
-Joker- said:
.. I dont wanna rent a safe thats just not me, i can keep an eye on my stuff but if people will be roamin unsupervised thru the room when im not there than we got a problem. .. i dont even know how will i react if i get something stolen but it wont be pretty.
Why take a chance? Rent a safe!