Is the Costelao brazilian restaurant any good in SD?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Found this restaurant on the web and it seems a bit pricey by Dominican standards 900 pesos for Men and Half for woment...I guess its worth it if the food is good...for anyone who has eaten there.....Is the Costelao brazilian restaurant any good ?

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
That price does not include taxes or drinks (wine is pretty expensive). The food is not bad but I would not rave about it. Service was not that good at all either. I found it to be way overpriced when I was there. Here in the Boston area we have similar Brazilian restaurants where the food is great at half the price. My favorite restaurant is a authentic Dominican Creole one in Santo Domingo called Restaurant America and the service is fantastic and the food is out of this world. A very extensive menu and large selection of wines from all over the world. Price for four people there with wine, drinks, dinner, bread, salads and coffee was 2480 pesos total with tip.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have eaten at Costelao about 3-4 times in the last 12 months. Food is not outstanding, but it's pretty good if you like meat :) The price is around RD$750 per person (dropped a couple of months ago) and I believe woman are 1/2 price.

I think it's not bad value for money as you can just keep eating.
Never had a bad time, always enjoyed the visit :)