Review Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listeria

Nov 28, 2005
Thinking about staying in Ali's Surf Camp in Cabarete for new years for surf and partying, homepage looks nice. Anyone knows if it's a good place? Any advice appreciated!

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
Great

Listeria said:
Thinking about staying in Ali's Surf Camp in Cabarete for new years for surf and partying, homepage looks nice. Anyone knows if it's a good place? Any advice appreciated!

Depends on what exactly your looking for....

Its very good if all your gonna do is to party and go surfing...

Rob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Nice name!

Were you named after Listeria Monocytogenes , The pathogenic bacterium?

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Rob is right, its cheap but very basic. Its a few minutes walk from the beach and has a good restaurant. Dont expect airco or tv on your room however.

Listeria

Nov 28, 2005
thanks

For the replies! I reckon we will travel around some as well. We won't be needing TV anyway :D

And yeah named after the bacteria

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Listeria said:

Well...here is my two cents (and I admit I am a newbie....I have been comming to Cabarete for the last 3-4 years...staying 2-3 months...). One year I was in a bit of a bind...my normal place was not returning my e-mails...and I was running out of time. I was exchanging e-mails with several different "women" at this place on the details of the reservation (I discovered later these e-mails were all from Ali masquarading as women...evidentally he thinks this helps business). Then he stopped returning e-mails, so I called him (from the US) to firm things up, and I was suddenly talking to the soup nazi from Seinfeld. "No room for you!". I panicked and called the place I normally rent from (kicking myself for not thinking of this earlier...it turns out they had been returning my e-mails but my spam blocker had blocked them). I sent Ali a cordial "sorry things didn't work out" e-mail to cancel my reservation (a couple of weeks early), and when my girlfriend and I arrived in Cabarete we went to check out what we had missed out on. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were spartan but clean, and it looked OK, but in my meeting with Ali I realized he was not just the soup nazi, but a MEAN soup nazi.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Yup...a newbie...

...an old newbie, but a newbie just the same. I only have 5 weeks this year...late Dec til end-of-January (I am starting a new job next week...same employer...a big bank in the US...and my new boss doesn't really understand the telecommuting for 3 months from Cabarete deal as I have in the past...or how a white guy from Mpls that speaks no Spanish...actually I prefer to think of it as really bad Spanish...can teach English classes in the Barrio...or more to the point...that anyone would show up for class...but surprisingly...they do).

Listeria

Nov 28, 2005
Fantastic

Soup Nazi! hehehe! looking forward to meeting him! Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.