Hola Playa Dorada

Abujamin

Dec 1, 2005
Hey DR community, I've been reading through loads of posts and this has to be one of the best communities I've come across online.

I guess this type of question gets asked a lot, but I'm on my way to Gran Ventano 20 Dec for 14 days and welcome any suggestions for a single, middle aged Brit travelling on his ownsome. All suggestions welcomed.

Anyone out there going around the same time I'll buy you a drink ;)

The US guys posting and debating whether or not to date a DR lady don't realise how lucky they are. Who in their right mind would leave DR to go and live in England ? Temperature this weeks has just been above 0 deg C.

I hear that there are quite a few single people go to Playa Dorada area, especially around Christmas time (better than being alone) right? Any suggestions?

I'm sure I'll be able to work it all out but just thought it would be a good idea to reasearch a little.

Best wishes to all

:bandit:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Can you speak Spanish? It is hard to date any woman if you cannot carry on a conversation, DR or UK.

Sep 19, 2005
I am dating a dominican woman and I DO REALIZE how lucky i am! DAMMMM lucky..........................she is hidden some place obscure outside of SANTIAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hopefully stays there till i get back ha ha ha ha ha...

bob.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The Christmas holiday season Playa Dorada will be full of tourists. There are lots of singles so you will have a great time.

Just watch the forums and you can hook up with any number of people.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Nonsense, if he wants hookers (and many of these "handsome men" posts are indeed, just that), then fine. Decent girls won't be any more interested in some mute stumblebum with money than without. Boring is boring, rich or poor.

Abujamin

Dec 1, 2005
"European / North American" Women

Thank you for the variety of replies.

I hear there are many European singles go to this place, but I have read nothing on the web about it. Any anecdotes? Any other websites?

I guess my first choice would be to meet someone else from Europe who is on holiday with a long term relationship in mind. I'll be at the bar, 'preserving' myself for two weeks (20 dec - 3 jan).

Anyone going on holiday to Gran Ventano at the same time?

:rambo:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Instruction Manuals

ricktoronto said:
Nonsense, if he wants hookers (and many of these "handsome men" posts are indeed, just that), then fine. Decent girls won't be any more interested in some mute stumblebum with money than without. Boring is boring, rich or poor.

Who needs to speak Spanish? I just take along instructional manuals or videos.

Chuckuindy