Taxi or car to sousa from Santo domingo

sabwjz

Nov 27, 2005
I know that this topic has already been discussed but I can't seem to find it by doing a search. My question is simply: How much would it cost to take a private car/taxi from Santo Domingo airport up to Casa Marina in Sousa. We are aware of the bus option and we're just trying to find a faster alternative to the public transporation and renting is not an option for us (don't need that much adventure on vacation).

If anyone has a trusted driver that you could put us in contact with we'd appreciate it!

Thanks

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Depending on your negotiating skills, the cost could be anywhere from $125US to $170US.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have a very dependable driver with a late model mini-van. He is based out out of SDQ and has an official "Turista" sticker.

I PM'ed you his contact info.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
I have a very dependable driver with a late model mini-van. He is based out out of SDQ and has an official "Turista" sticker.

I PM'ed you his contact info.
Do you know what he charges for a SDQ-POP run? I might be interest in using him.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
$150 ish maybe less.
He is usually a little cheaper than Taxi Mafia!

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
http://www.dominicantouristservices.com/

Rafael Silva I've heard is very reputable and professional. We did not use him while we were in the DR, however I saw him outside Santiago airport, holding a sign, smiling and later, driving away with some American tourists. We were going to use him for Santiago to Santo Domingo but we decided to go the cheaper bus route.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If this is of any help, I used a tactic a few years ago, on my way back from Cuba, and got the taxi for $100 US.
Gas was a fair bit cheaper then and I do speak Spanish, so I don't know that this will work for you.
I first approached the taxi drivers and told them that all I had to spend was $100 to get to Sosua, which they just laughed at.
I told them that it was either that or I would take a cab to the Caribe Tours bus terminal and save myself some money.
They still just mocked me, so I told them that I was going to go sit down somewhere near the airport entrance and that if anybody was interested, to send them over to me.
Within 20 minutes I was on my way for 100 bucks.
Of course, I tipped him another 10 bucks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Conchman said:
I have done this several times and its difficult to get a price lower than $150, and this was before the price of gas went way up.
But you're not as old and ugly as I am, and they take pity on me....