Desperate for Help/ Advice - Traveling by Bus in the Dominican Republic -

dan333

Oct 25, 2005
Me and My friend are departing for the dominican republic on january 3rd. Once there we'll stay with a family I know. But then we wish to travel to Las Terrenas from Jarabacoa. Not realizing service had been cut, due to an out of date website, I figured we could take the Caribe Tours busline. I just called today and realized they no longer go there..stupid me. I now need some reasonably reliable tranportation, private bus, or otherwise, to travel two directions.

A. Jarabacoa to Las Terrenas or at least Sanchez, then we can catch a private taxi

B. From Las Terrenas to Santiago- reliable enough to get us to Santiago in time to catch a taxi to get to the airport by 2:15 PM the same day. although we could always leave a day early and that would be acceptable although not preferred.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Likewise, i am fluent in spanish so if you have a number I can call and talk to someone that would be wonderful. Thank you all so much, I;m new to this community but have already found it very helpful.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Your best bet might be to catch a bus to Santiago and get one of the buses that goes to Las Terrenas in the afternoon--at 3:00, I think...it is a direct bus.

Likewise, coming back there are two buses that leave in the early morning: One is at 6:00 and the other at 8:15. Both leave from in front of the Marina according to my friend who was there last week. She uses these buses to visit her Dad who lives there.

I am supposing that you will be using STI as your point of Departure??

HB :D:D:D

dan333

Oct 25, 2005
thanks for the advice

I appreciate the quick and knowledgeable response. I will definitely use that bus to return and will probably use Transporte Pepe to travel there. I called and found that Transporte Pepe leaves Santiago at (I believe) 11 am and 3 pm everyday for Las Terrenas and costs 200 pesos. It has buses returning to Santiago everyday leaving las terrenas at 8:15 am each day. Just so the info's available to anyone else interested.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At the same stop there are other buses that leave earlier. FYI
But not direct to Las Terrenas....And there is that (Yawn !) 6:00 AM bus, too

HB :D:D