Any cheap flights to Puerto Plata from Toronto

DoraRocks316

Sep 12, 2005
I really would like to go to D.R. in April 2006.(I'm from Toronto) But here's my problem...I wanna go cheap :). I know that waiting for last minute can pay off big time but other times it dosen't. I'm just looking for airfare not all incl. Or maybe would it it be better to go in a resort. If anyone can help or know of any sites that I can go to I would be a happy camper.Also Is this high season?

Ohhh.. I've been to sell off vacations web site and Sun Seeks web site also. Does anyone know if there is anywhere else that I can go too?

Please help....;)

Alex99

Jan 4, 2006
good deals

I live near Toronto and just booked a very good deal for feb on Continental for $346 CAN!! Buffalo to Santiago ret...found it on expedia.ca

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Great price

Alex99, that is the best price I have seen in many years. We booked in Nov. for April 2006. We had to reserve a condo that early to make sure we could stay where we wanted when we wanted. Our airfare alone was over $1,000.00 each return. That's one reason we are looking to buy down there, so we could take advantage of cheaper last minute flights.

We have flown to the US before out of Buffalo & it is a great airport & the staff working there were extremely helpful & friendly. So differnt from Pearson.

Jan 5, 2006
If you're willing to consider making 1 stop, try flying into Newark (EWR) or New York (JFK), then on to STI. It's another possible option for you.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Cheap air flight from Toronto to POP

Hi Dora.
Have you tried Vacmart (Vacation Mart) Do a search, they have some deals on all inclusive packages, and you can also search just flights.
We are flying out of Toronto on Sunday morning and our return flights, non stop, with Skyservice are 629.00 per person taxes included. Not too bad. In March of this year we flew to St.Maarten, Skyservice, non stop and paid 1000.00 per head taxes included!!

Good Luck
Meg
Only 1 and 1/2 more sleeps!!!!!!:classic:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
April prices are higher. Right now for April a flight from Toronto with taxes is about 800 Cad and with less 200 more you can go to an all inclusive. You can get out and go where you want once you are there.

You could wait for two three weeks before the date to check for better prices.

http://www.selloffvacations.com/home.htm

Oh let me add that if traveling alone the AI are much higher and not worth it IMHO

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
April prices are higher. Right now for April a flight from Toronto with taxes is about 800 Cad and with less 200 more you can go to an all inclusive. You can get out and go where you want once you are there.

You could wait for two three weeks before the date to check for better prices.

http://www.selloffvacations.com/home.htm

Oh let me add that if traveling alone the AI are much higher and not worth it IMHO

Anna is right, April flights are more expensive. It might be because this is the month for spring break? I'm not sure. But if you book in May, it should be cheaper.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
From Toronto March (not Spring) Break is in March the week of the 13th. Semana Santa in the DR starts on April the 9th though.

One good site to look for air only/charters is www.belairtravel.com for Toronto departures as at least they show you nearby dates if your exact dates are a blank.

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Discount

Hey Rick,

I work for a tour operator in Toronto and we offer a employee friends & family discount. Even though I don't know you, I have read a lot of your posts and would be willing to offer you the discount. PM me for details. For charters, you are booking kind of early to get the really good rates but considering a couple of out April flights to PUJ sold out a couple of months ago please decide for yourself. We fly into POP and PUJ. At Chirstmas I flew to PUJ for $150 plus taxes.

Lasia