Jon S. and his latest trip report

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I won't go on and on about my trip but will give highlights along with pics....

Got there on the 24th, my cousin picked me and my friend Sean up at Las Americas. What a madhouse but it's the proper introduction to the country for any newbies, but it is something I am already used to doing.......my cousin went to the airport in a Corolla and he brought his friend and my little brother, so as you can imagine, it was kinda packed in the car with all the luggage :D, anyways, we get home and then go to our neighbor's apartment in another building to say hi. Well, one of my other best friends was there as he had just become an Air Force officer in the DR Air Force and was on vacation before reporting for duty. Here's a pic of my cousin, my friend Sean who went down to DR with me and my friend David the AF officer:

5d877529.jpg

Well, that was at 4 AM on the 25th, we were still drinking, I had been drinking since noon in Miami and Sean had started his day bright and early with some coffee and 18-year scotch at 8 AM on the 24th hehehehe. Well, the 25th was pretty much a down day, not much going on as it was a Sunday as well...........the 26th was the first day we stepped out to do anything. Went to visit my friend's family as he didn't make the trip this time and hung out with his sister as well, got some good empanadas made by her mom and drank some beer as well. After that, got a call from one of my friends from high school to meet up with her so we could go to Drinks 2 Go on Winston Churchill Ave.....before I went home to get ready, had to go visit my ex-girlfriend and to give her a nice little gold cartouche I bought for her in Iraq with her name in Spanish on one side and the other with her name in Arabic. Got a incredibly tight hug from her when she saw me even though we had broken up and everything, didn't expect it. Well, after that, left her grudgingly since I didn't really want to leave her and all the old feelings started rushing back :ermm: but went and met up with my friend in Gazcue and then we got ready to go out for the night. Here's a pic with her friend and my friend Sean:

5aa29d40.jpg

Here's another one with my friend, Luisana........

c6afdd19.jpg

That was it for that night and the next few nights it was the same thing, going out to different bars and clubs but the thought of my ex-girlfriend clouded my mind since we frequent the same places and her friends know my friends, always in the more trendy places in town.....anyways, I'll just post random pics and give the date and location, it makes it easier to describe the happenings of the vacation.

d788331b.jpg

With a friend at the Shell gas station in front of Multicentro Churchill, not much going on that night other than drinking and talkin $hit with other people.......

5fe84ee5.jpg

This was on the 28th with some friends from my old school, starting with Luis, me and Joe in the back, and my little sister Stephanie and my friend Luisana in the front....kinda funny, Luisana and Joe are the only ones that actually live down in the DR, the rest of us are here in the US

d9f1f25f.jpg

This was New Year's Eve at my grandmother's place with my sister Steph and my brother JC (my doppelganger in a few years), it was in Villa Duarte but it had been a long time since I had seen so many happy people in one place, probably since the day we left Iraq....

94628094.jpg

I don't even have to describe this one, the victim was a Jumbo size Presidente, formerly "vestida de novia" and this was in Intec, by the Medicine school.......this one was back in April so it's not a new one but it motivates people to get happy when they see the picture

I'll post more pics in the future, this takes a while to do ;) and Anna, I'll tell more about the fun times down there.......