need an address

adt

Jan 26, 2006
i am looking to get the address, phone number or e.mail address of the synagogue in sosua or of the jewish museum next door. thank you.

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Can't remeber exact address

I remeber seeing it somewhere, but if you need info on the temple in Sosua and the one here in Santo Domingo, start here:

Oisiki Ghitis,
Religious Director, Centro Israelita de la Rep?blica Dominicana.
PO Box 303-7, Santo Domingo.
Email: chicole@ghitis.ws.

Got this from a paper he did on jews and their history here in the DR. Interesting reading.

JRR

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Sorry meant to put this in the last post!

left this out of the last post. I myself would love to visit the synagogue and musem......just haven't had the chance yet. If you would like i can eamil you the history paper I soke about..ve3ry interesting.

As reported by Oisiki Ghitis

6- THE SYNAGOGUE: The Community carefully and lovingly preserves its small Synagogue, that functions in a totally wooden frame house. Periodically, Religious Services are held in it; with the increase in tourism, this Temple is definitely destined to become an attraction for Jewish and non Jewish tourists alike and for Jewish couples who wish to be wed in the Dominican Republic. It is adjacent to the Museum, in the midst of a small garden; the two are a major Sosua landmark, right in the middle of town. The Museum is open on weekdays and its patrons are welcome to also visit the Synagogue.

JRR

adt

Jan 26, 2006
thanks! i visited the museum and the synagogue a few years ago and go to the dr frequently due to my business and now am investigating the history of the remaining jews. thank you again.ps. are you living in santo domingo?