Have you heard of Hipolito Goico?

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
He is an attorney practicing in Atlanta. He has a TV program on our local Telemundo channel.
This is the first I've heard of him.
I looked up his bio (pretty impressive) and it states he is Dominican. He's in his thirties which causes me to wonder if he is possibly Freddy Veras Goico's son.
Here is his bio I copied it from his website. http://www.goicobolet.com/lawyers.php

"HIPOLITO M. GOICO was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in 1969. Mr. Goico attended Cornell University where he received his undergraduate degree in Industrial Labor Relations in 1991. He received his law degree from Emory University in 1995.

Mr. Goico began private practice in 1995, as an associate of the firm Blumer International where he practiced corporate law, real estate law, and immigration law. In 1999, Mr. Goico co-founded the law firm of Goico & Bolet. Mr. Goico's practice focuses on corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions finance, real estate law, banking law and corporate immigration matters.

Mr. Goico was admitted to practice before the State Bar of Georgia in 1995. He has been admitted to practice before the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia.

Mr. Goico has held memberships, offices and/or honors in the following: Past Chairman of the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce; Board Member of El Banco de Nuestra Comunidad [division of SunTrust Bank with 12 branches focusing on the Hispanic market]; co-founder of the Georgia Hispanic Bar Association; President of the Celia and Marcos Scholarship Fund [University scholarship program for minority students]; Member of the Communications Committee of the State Bar of Georgia; graduate of the Leadership Atlanta Class of 2000 and Leadership Georgia Class 2002; Vice-Chairman of the Department of Motor Vehicles; Member of the Alumni Council for Emory School of Law; Past Member of the Small Business Administration Advisory Council; Member of the Board of Visitors for Emory University. Mr. Goico=s honors and recognitions include: Selected as Super Lawyer@[under 40] by Atlanta Magazine; Georgia Trend's Rising Star, 40 under 40; and received the Chairman Award by the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

Mr. Goico serves as executive producer and host of a regional weekly radio program covering legal and consumer protection issues since 1996. Mr. Goico serves as executive producer and host of Sobremesa,@ a weekly television program focusing on financial, corporate and social issues aired through Comcast Cable, Telemundo, Channel 73. Mr. Goico also serves as guest legal analyst for CNN Espa?ol since 1999
[/I]".

trs80

Aug 23, 2005
trs-80.blogspot.com
He can't be his son because Freddy Beras Goico lastname is Beras.

I made some research:
They both had the same great-grandfather. Genaro Goico Cebollero (From Puerto Rico).

Their grandfathers were brothers and Freddy's mother and Hipolito's father were cousins.